RGB Shapes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

SL

RGB Shapes

Postby SL » 31 Jul 2009, 17:33

Hi,

I`m having a problem with RGB Shapes. The fixtures are CLS Pixelbar 36, and the personality is the CLS Pixelbar 36 3ch mode. I`ve patched 96 of these fixtures.

When i use a RGB shape everything is fine, but when i change the size in Timed and the speed in Static, and i dim all the shape everything stays on. When i put the fader to 100% the shape is running how i made a memory of it.

This happens at all shapes, except the shapes 'Red User', 'Blue User' and Green User.

Is it normal?

Ohw, i`m using an pearl expert classic.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2009, 19:34

I'm not sure that this would work how you want.

The rainbow and individual colour shapes all work on a sin pattern, offsetting both above and below an origin. Additionally, these colour shapes are absolute meaning they have an origin of 50%. So fading down the size on a rainbow would end up at RGB 50/50/50% respectively.
As I understand, the 'user' tag enables relative shapes, but the only way you could get a complete fade would be to set an origin of 0/0/0 and then the maximum offset will be +50%.

Why don't you use Titan? Not only can you have virtual dimmer (keeping the colour side of things separate) but also the shapes work over a larger range so that with an origin of zero you can still achieve an offset of 100%.
SL

Postby SL » 01 Aug 2009, 19:45

niclights wrote:Why don't you use Titan? Not only can you have virtual dimmer (keeping the colour side of things separate) but also the shapes work over a larger range so that with an origin of zero you can still achieve an offset of 100%.

Dude, stop telling everywhere they should use titan. I`d choosed classic because i needed some things in HTP instead of LTP. And that`s (still) not possible in Titan.

But thanks for the info about the shapes. Maybe next time i`ll use titan.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Aug 2009, 20:11

I only asked the question. You only needed to give the reason.

Anyway, having thought about this more, I think you could get a full fade out if you used relative colour shapes, set RGB to 50% (as required) in the cue and then manually set an origin of 0%.

With a cue in mode2 and size set to timed, both the size and the origin will simultaneously fade to zero.
SL

Postby SL » 02 Aug 2009, 21:38

niclights wrote:Why don't you use Titan? Not only can you have virtual dimmer (keeping the colour side of things separate) but also the shapes work over a larger range so that with an origin of zero you can still achieve an offset of 100%.

I was looking in the pearl, and i saw a Generic RGB personality with virtual dimmer, in classic mode. Does it works just like the virtual dimmer on titan?

And when i make a shape of a rgb fixture with virtual dimmer, can i record a shape, without the dimming part of the personality? So i can set the speed on a fader and a separat dimmer on a fader?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Aug 2009, 01:06

Classic does not support virtual dimmer. Those fixtures have been exported from D4 and should not be there.
David.Hunt

Postby David.Hunt » 03 Aug 2009, 09:51

the fixtures with virtual dimmer are there so that the visualiser works when you patch the D4 modes in. Otherwise they are identical to the normal HTP and LTP modes.

But they should not be listed on the personality website so i shall remove that and that will be updated tomorrow
SL

Postby SL » 04 Aug 2009, 14:27

ok, thanks for the information. But in Titan then, can i make an shape with timed speed, and make an extra fader with the dimmer?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 04 Aug 2009, 17:36

Yes
SL

Postby SL » 05 Aug 2009, 20:07

Thank you!