HTP 6ch LED personality for TITAN Expert

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

iadwm

HTP 6ch LED personality for TITAN Expert

Postby iadwm » 04 Jul 2009, 18:56

Unless I've missed the obvious... I can't find an HTP 6ch LED personality anywhere, can someone point one out to me. For time and convince I would really like to just exchange the personality and not have to start editing stuff.

The LEd's are Showtec so its R,G,B, macro, strobe, mode.

Everything seems to be HTP.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2009, 00:06

Use Showtec LED Par64 6ch version. Within this is v-dim or normal. Titan can only handle one HTP channel per fixture at the moment, so all are LTP but v-dim makes this largely irrelevant.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 05 Jul 2009, 06:59

Hi Nick,

That being the obvious choice...I have already tried it and it didn't work.

The personality patches with a value set in the colour macro channel and the v-dim is inverted...

It also fails in Vis, which again makes me think the personality is duff.

I have also tried a load of other LED's (personality's that is, not fixtures) and can't find any that work well enough to use.

Cheers,

Andy
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2009, 09:46

Hi, yes I see the problem with macro. In the definition this is supposed to set no value, but instead it sets 50%. However, I see nothing wrong with v-dim.

I will mail you a corrected version of p64 along with my p56 file that I use with these fixtures (modified for v-dim).
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 05 Jul 2009, 15:06

That's excellent, thanks Nick. Both worked fine. Do I need to copy them to the back up folder or will that be done automatically?

Unfortunately though, it doesn't solve the programming problem. I want three Pb's - R, G & B. With various cues for 12 fixtures... Full on, 1-on chase, 1 -on random etc.

For example: All fixtures in red and then flash a 1-on chase in blue....

But if we only have support for one v-dim/fixture I can't do this. The only way if I really want to program like this (which I do because I like the buskability!) is to program as 72 dimmer channels.
Oh well....

Thanks again,

Andy

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2009, 15:51

I've never bothered with the backup folder. I keep copies of modified personalities off the console. And once in a show they are stored in that anyway.

Personally I found the buskability improved enormously with v-dim. Previously you were forced to create an individual cue or chase for every colour you might want with no options for palette (assuming HTP). Now you can program intensity and choose palettes/run colour chases etc. on top just like any other fixture.

I guess you are looking for the additive mixing that HTP allowed, which is currently just not possible, but I think the advantages of v-dim outweigh this and it's made a great improvement to my shows with LED.

A solution for bumps in or out of particular component(s) is shapes.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 05 Jul 2009, 17:53

Well now that v-dim is working...
(it really was inverted) and at the time the personality site was down (back up now), so I had nothing to compare it to....
I will try v-dim and see how it looks compared to what I had previously.

Cheers,

Andy

ps is the virtual panel supposed to be working? I get a an "error loading panel definition"

John Peel

www.iadwm.com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Jul 2009, 18:52

Virtual panels from the drop-down are for D4 only. If you switch to D4 in factory settings you can see.

For Expert it is a separate application. There should be an icon in the shell?