Pearl 2004 question.

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

JQ

Pearl 2004 question.

Postby JQ » 24 May 2009, 02:11

I have a Fazer that I use as a hazer in my venue and the only way to get a decent haze output is to run it at 12% through DMX (something about the units controler has this nothing to kinda chunky in 1 step issue) and I want it to run at that 12% without having to adjust the handle fader or use a playback fader. Now here's the catch, I want to be able to turn it on and off from the board. Can it be done? I though of looking into rewriting the profile to have it's output level set to a defult of 12% but then I wouldn't be able to turn it off. I guess I am looking for some sort of off on virtual fader type setup on the board. Any ideas?
See you on the dance floor.
Jason "JQ" Kew
ORT Audio and Lighting
(647)226-9318
continuum_lx@yahoo.ca
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 24 May 2009, 03:25

All you need is a personality that has the attribute as LTP. That way you can set the value and it will remain until you send another, without worrying about faders. This is how I always run hazers.

You could have a couple of palettes (one 12%, one 0%) and recall them, or simply enter the values numerically - ie. select your hazer fixture, select the attribute button it exists on, type 12 and then the relevant softkey for the attribute.

Here is the adjustment to the existing Antari Fazer personality:

Code: Select all

DMX
8    61   L    2   100   1N   0   1   "Smoke"             0     0     0
8     1   L    1   100   1N   0   1   "Fan Speed"         0     0     0
END

I have moved the 'smoke' attribute so that it sits next to the fan speed and changed it to LTP.