Huh? No more free channels?

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

SL

Huh? No more free channels?

Postby SL » 22 Mar 2009, 15:20

Hi there,

I`m busy with already patching a show wich is over 2 weeks, with a pearl expert with Titan. I`m busy in the classic mode. I`ve recently updated the pearl with Titan V1.1 and the last classic software. Now i`m patching the last dimmerchannels, but the desk says 'Patch Failed. No more free channels'.

I think it`s strange, cause i`m busy with page D. I`ve already patched:

36* Mac700
6 * Qmaxz wash 250
10* Cyberlights
28* Atomics 3K
76* dimchannels

What makes a total of 156 handles what`s in use. I need to patch another 50 dimchannels, what makes a total of 206 handles what i need to use.

Help!?!

Edit: Oh, i was busy with patching on DMX line D, channel 121 is the last channel i`ve patched. The other 3 lines are not totally full.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Mar 2009, 17:14

Are you sure there's nothing else patched? Use DMX view to check.

I have just checked this offline using 2.3 and was able to patch the fixtures you listed along with dimmers to fill all remaining handles and overlaying dimmers until all 2048 channels were used.
SL

Postby SL » 22 Mar 2009, 17:19

I`m absolutely sure. I`ve started with a new show, and patched page per page. I`ve checked DMX view multiple times. That`s the strangest thing.
Last edited by SL on 22 Mar 2009, 17:32, edited 1 time in total.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 22 Mar 2009, 17:26

I don't have any answer, other than to say this is a good excuse to start using Titan!
SL

Postby SL » 22 Mar 2009, 17:46

And that is simply not possible, because we don`t have a spare desk with Titan. Why spare desk? Because the hardware of a pearl expert is not really reliable...

I will patch the desk again, hoping that it`s then over...
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 23 Mar 2009, 17:09

Try updating your personality library. I think you may have some old personalities which are reporting to the desk that they need more channels than they actually require.
Avolites Software Team
SL

Postby SL » 23 Mar 2009, 19:17

Olie wrote:Try updating your personality library. I think you may have some old personalities which are reporting to the desk that they need more channels than they actually require.

Ok, Thanks for the answer. I will try it tomorrow.
SL

Postby SL » 24 Mar 2009, 22:48

It didn`t help, so this sucks hard...
David.Hunt

Postby David.Hunt » 25 Mar 2009, 10:20

When you updated your personality library did you make sure you started with a clean show and made sure you restarted the software after the update for the changes to take effect. I will look at the personalities to see what is happening. Also Please check how many HTP Channels are being used as you may have reached the limit on the console
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Mar 2009, 14:02

I should add that when I tested offline I also used a complete new personality install since I had none.

I considered HTP limit but I do not believe it to be relevant. None of the fixtures mentioned have this sort of structure (ie. LED) and the error message should be different. I also specifically tried patching exactly what was listed. The only possible difference was a few different mode options.
SL

Postby SL » 26 Mar 2009, 17:31

As in this topic said, i`ve changed from my atomics the LTP channels into HTP channels. This because i need to vary with my stroberate. Can this cause the problem? I know you can make max. 240 HTP channels, but is that also when you have them in a personality, like my personality for my strobes?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Mar 2009, 18:06

If you have changed all four channels of your Atomics to HTP then you will have hit the HTP limit. I could swear the error message used to specify this, but certainly this seems to explain your problem.

You could employ one of the other solutions I suggested (ie. use normal pers & operated rate on mode2, or use them in single channel mode) or you could perhaps adjust so only the intensity and rate are HTP? That would then give you space for the extra 50 dimmers.
SL

Postby SL » 26 Mar 2009, 21:44

niclights wrote:If you have changed all four channels of your Atomics to HTP then you will have hit the HTP limit. I could swear the error message used to specify this, but certainly this seems to explain your problem.

You could employ one of the other solutions I suggested (ie. use normal pers & operated rate on mode2, or use them in single channel mode) or you could perhaps adjust so only the intensity and rate are HTP? That would then give you space for the extra 50 dimmers.

Well, i`ve tried with mode 2, but it didn`t worked... Single channel mode isn`t a option, because it`s hardcore... How more things the strobes can do, the better.

Maybe an option for a next version of the software, that the HTP channels in personality`s not count? That makes it also easy`er to control much ledbars...
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Mar 2009, 00:53

Why didn't mode2 work? You need to make sure you set the attribute to fading.

Anyway, you should be able to get away with only modifying the rate channel to HTP and keep duration/effect as LTP. This is realistically your only other option.

Titan does not have any HTP limit that I know of (other than arbitrary) although this is irrelevant with LED since it also has virtual dimmer.
The limit for the Classic software is a legacy of hardware limitation on pre-Expert consoles.
SL

Postby SL » 27 Mar 2009, 07:11

What i`ve done;

I set the rate of the atomic on full speed, pushed the memorie button, set the recording mode on 2, and choosed my playback. Wrong?

Ok for that last one...