smoke machine and haze

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

taytok13

smoke machine and haze

Postby taytok13 » 25 Aug 2008, 15:34

hi!can anyone help me wer can i control the smoke machine and haze? wer can i download the personality or maybe i can link to the dimmer? need help pls.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Aug 2008, 19:00

I deleted your original post because it was in the Visualiser section, did not appear to be related to Avolites consoles at all and was written entirely in 'txt' speak.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt this time and suggest you either look in the Personality Database or simply patch dimmers.

Advantages of a personality might be to use LTP and/or to use fewer handles if fixture has more than one control channel but it is not essential.

If your question is can you plug a smoke machine into a dimmer then the answer is no. But this is beyond the scope of this forum.
taytok13

Postby taytok13 » 04 Sep 2008, 13:47

tnx niclights
Beaker

Haze control

Postby Beaker » 24 Sep 2008, 16:16

I've found most smokers, foggers, and hazers simply use 2 dmx channels and can simply be assigned to faders by patching dimmers. ie: set your dmx address on a machine to say, 100. Patch handle one at dmx100 and 2 to 101. now you have simple machine control of smoke volume and fan from the console.
-All of life is a learning curve.
iadwm

Postby iadwm » 25 Sep 2008, 08:50

The point Nic was making about using a personality (ie not a dimmer) is that the machine (specifically a hazer) could be used LTP. Dial in the value and leave it...hazer levels are unlikely to change throughout a show; plus you save one, probably two handles.

Obviously with a smoke machine, it needs to be on a handle for instant access. Just remember to clear it before programming chases (been there and done that :wink: ).

HTH

Andy

ps As it happens, I prefer dedicated remotes for both smoke and haze, I once had a desk go bonkers and filled a hall up with smoke, unfortunately it wasn't a rave, but a kids thing.... :shock:
"It's the prospect of hearing something that you could never have dreamed existed"
John Peel

www.iadwm.com