Recording Specific Attributes

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

CSmithDesign

Recording Specific Attributes

Postby CSmithDesign » 25 Jan 2012, 17:05

I'm stuck on something that I thought I had easily mastered before: Recording specific attributes into a cue on Titan Mobile.

Here's the setup: Say I have a wash light and I have Intensity, pan/tilt, and a color mix in the programmer. How can I quickly record Intensity into one cue, pan/tilt into a second cue, and the color information into a third cue?

I know that I can do it by holding the clear button and selecting the specific attributes that I don't want in a certain cue and clearing them out of the programmer, but that' pretty cumbersome (I have to go back and include them in and clear out the other attributes before recording the next part of the cue). Is there a fast way to do it?

Thanks for your help
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 25 Jan 2012, 17:24

Although I personally prefer the 'real' keys - and thus: record key, include, clear/off, replace... the more elegant way is in the cue view:
- record the same cue n times (I + P + C gives 3 separate cues)
- View Playback (<Open> and the cue)
- click [View] in the View Playback window
- select the attributes you wish to switch off, and select [Off] from the context menu
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Jan 2012, 19:03

What you really want here is record cue mask which is not yet possible but is listed as a possible function in the future.

In the attribute editor you can toggle attributes in/out of programmer by touching them. This works for most things including position but where there are special controls (for example colour mix & blade) there is currently no way to do this. I have also noticed that dimmer resets to zero on touch. I will look into whether this is a bug or not.
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 25 Jan 2012, 19:35

Thanks to both of you, Icke's example worked, although I haven't had success using only hard keys.

Nic, your example worked, too, but it seems as though every time I toggled pan or tilt, it reverted to 50% (the default) instead of retaining the value and simply being kicked out of the programmer (which is what I'm looking for so I can bring it back into the programmer for recording the next cue).

Am I doing something wrong with that method?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Jan 2012, 23:20

When I try it I can toggle in/out and the values stay.
CSmithDesign

Postby CSmithDesign » 27 Jan 2012, 15:36

Yes, I tried it again and the difference is what clear mask you use. If your mask is "Freeze Current Values," then the attribute will stay when you toggle it on or off. If it's "Release to Playback Values," then the toggling will release the value you just programmed.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 27 Jan 2012, 15:56

Interesting. I never use the release to playback clear option so hadn't seen it. I was not aware that this was considered a clear function but I guess it makes sense. For some reason it does cause specific problems with toggling dimmer although probably of little consequence.