Titan Mobile questions

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Merlin

Titan Mobile questions

Postby Merlin » 20 Jan 2012, 20:38

Hello,

I can't view the content of palettes (view palettes) on my titan mobile, tried what the manual says but somehow I can't get it to open. Window Open button also does not light up the led on the palette button. What am i doing wrong or missing here?

Also, if i am correct: because the Mobile doesn't have Run Mode it doesn't have/show a tap tempo button. Would it be possible to get a main/general tap tempo button in a future release so that Titan Mobile also has it in program mode? or any tricks to map an existing button to function as a general tap tempo button?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jan 2012, 21:18

Is the view palette window not opening at all or is it opening but empty?

It should work by pressing Open followed by a palette.

The issue of run mode on the mobile is understood but I will enter a request for a dedicated tap tempo button separately.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 20 Jan 2012, 21:45

Does the <Open>-Button work at all?

- alternatively, on the computer keyboard, hit Alt+V
- verify correct switch operation in USB Expert console

Global timing/tap: I'm tempted to count this as another vote for a speed master (tap would just be a subset of this). Gods in Park Ave, please listen to your humble followers.

2 B fair, and as a workaround, you can assign either the blue or the grey button to act as 'Tap Tempo' via key profiles. But a global speed control is what we want, isn't it?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Jan 2012, 23:21

Speed masters are not quite the same as they must be assigned to chases. Therefore a tap tempo on a speed master would only control those chases assigned. A separate control is still required for individually connected chases.
Merlin

Postby Merlin » 21 Jan 2012, 20:17

I don't know what happened up but now viewing palettes works fine, same show, different day. I must admit I did not have the patience and time to reboot to see if that would fix it yesterday which I probably just should have. Thinking of it now the console/system did behave a little weird before the view palettes issue. For the first time it asked me to enter a key to activate the dongle (which I never needed (and do not have) ever since I bought the console). Unplug/plugging the console and restarting titan (had to do that twice) fixed that. Then I had to restart titan once more because the show wouldn't load properly. From then on it all worked fine all evening except for the view palettes (and maybe other items but I didn't notice any). And just now it started without any problems at all and is working fine!

Indeed, global speed control is a welcome addition to Titan Mobile, much preferred over the key profiles workaround.
KeH62

Re:

Postby KeH62 » 12 Apr 2016, 22:56

niclights wrote:Is the view palette window not opening at all or is it opening but empty?

It should work by pressing Open followed by a palette.

The issue of run mode on the mobile is understood but I will enter a request for a dedicated tap tempo button separately.

Hi,

I have the same problem as described above. When I try to open the Palette View Window by pressing Open Window followed by Palette nothing happens!?
When I press Open Window the LED of the Palette button doesn't light up at all.
I run v9.1 on Mobile.