Diamond 4 / Titan 3.1beta12 on PC

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

ansius

Diamond 4 / Titan 3.1beta12 on PC

Postby ansius » 13 Apr 2021, 19:36

While the pandemic is still raging, i would love to continue learning my desk, but family is not happy of me having the actual desk at home in a apartament.

In the manual there is mentioned a PC version / simulator - would love to get it, but I have not been able to find it. Was it even available and maybe someone has a copy? I have tried to install the recovery disk on a virtual machine, but it asks for a avokey. I do not need output form it, just a simulation of the desk, that's all.
Gregory

Re: Diamond 4 / Titan 3.1beta12 on PC

Postby Gregory » 13 Apr 2021, 21:30

Diamond 4 Titan was never released for PC, there was only the console version. As you found even if you did manage to install it, it requires a hardware dongle to unlock. Your best bet might be to try the Diamond 4 v2.4 software (pre-Titan) which can be installed on PCs and should work without any hardware. It has been many years since the D4 software has been updated and at the time it was running on Windows XP, this might mean there are compatiblity issues with newer operating systems.

If you wanted to try newer versions of Titan, although not compatible with the D4, you could install Titan PC Suite on your computer. Versions 11.4 and below do not require any hardware to run and are just unlocked via the Avolites website.
ansius

Re: Diamond 4 / Titan 3.1beta12 on PC

Postby ansius » 14 Apr 2021, 10:26

Probably I have been quite annoying with such inquiries about distant past relics, I do not have much information to go on as my source is the Titan 3.0 manual and this forum. And as I'm discovering - the manual is not always true source for information.

Thanks tough, It just happens that I have an functioning D4 desk, I should learn, as this is a stepping stone for getting a proper modern desk. I still have not decided to on what tough and there is an overwhelming pressure to go MA, but I'm always drown to the intuitiveness of AVO desk, things are there where you expect them to be, behavior is mostly predictable. And it is quite easy to busk a concert on AVO, on MA you have to prepare quite a lot before you can attempt to do that. That always kicks me back to AVO :D

Well I hope that someday, soon enough questions would be about D9 :D