Very Strange colour wheel/Fixture issue on Sapphire 10.1

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

Iain

Very Strange colour wheel/Fixture issue on Sapphire 10.1

Postby Iain » 05 Dec 2017, 18:01

For some reason after around 5 hours of programming the colour wheels stop working. The fixtures, all of them, default to yellow-no matter if they are LED or colour flag fixtures- all the other parameters respond to the wheels, pan/tilt etc. I restarted the software and this cleared up the wheel issue but the fixture window is now blank. The fixtures are still patched and respond to groups, palettes and fixture number recall. This is a pretty serious issue any help would be appreciated.

Both of our Sapphires have displayed the same problem. They are both running 10.1 and have been since its release, I have noticed very few issues with the software. Both desks had the fixture library updated with the latest fixture library update.

Thanks in advance, Iain
'Who you jiving with that cosmik debris?'
niclights
The eManual

Re: Very Strange colour wheel/Fixture issue on Sapphire 10.1

Postby niclights » 05 Dec 2017, 18:12

For the yellow issue It sounds like highlight is turned on. For the fixture window maybe it's on a different page or scrolled out of view? If not have a look in show library to see if there are some clues. If you load a previous version does that restore?
Iain

Postby Iain » 05 Dec 2017, 18:27

That's what I thought, I had forgotten to turn off the highlight but it was not the case. What's stranger than the colour wheels not responding is the disappearance of the fixtures in the fixture window after a restart. It is not on a different page. I have created a ticket which I have attached the logs and show file of what I was working on. Ticket # 0002236.

Thanks for the swift response, Iain
Iain

Postby Iain » 05 Dec 2017, 18:38

Sorry, I didn't answer your other question. No, previous versions did not restore the fixtures.

Iain
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Dec 2017, 19:41

I have taken a look at the showfile and as far as I can see all the fixtures are located on page 2 but the fixture window is currently on page 1.
Iain

Postby Iain » 05 Dec 2017, 19:53

Wow, how about that. I almost 100% certain I patched them on page 1. But there they are on page 2. I use a window template show and I am certain it would have defaulted to page 1 it being originally a new show. But, brilliant, thank you. It wasn't too big of an issue. However the colour not working was. Any clues as to why two different Sapphires, running exactly the same software and fixture library, with two different operators would experience the same thing?

Thank you again, Iain
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Dec 2017, 20:12

My gut feeling is still that it is highlight. Anything's possible but I'm struggling to think of any other explanation for the symptoms fixed wheel and colour mixing fixtures all in yellow and all other parameters controllable. Did this happen at the same time with a networked setup or was it on two separate occasions?
Iain

Postby Iain » 05 Dec 2017, 20:35

Two separate occasions. I am baffled myself, I am positive that the board was cleared and nothing was selected, so the 'highlight' would not be on. Then I selected another group and I then noticed the colour was frozen. In fact I know it was off because I stepped through the fixtures and they remained all yellow. I was connected to Light Converse programming a show in the shop. Could there have been some weird back talk? However that would not explain the issue with the other desk.

It all seems stable now, if it happens again i will take a picture of the board for you.

Many thanks for the help, Iain
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Dec 2017, 20:51

Another possibility might be an active playback with priority programmer or higher that set all the controls to yellow. Were both consoles running the same show?
Iain

Postby Iain » 06 Dec 2017, 10:44

No, two completely different events. For me I had no playbacks recorded, I was merely setting the desk up with palettes, and I believe the other operator was programming too. I will ask her at what stage her board experienced problems. If I can get the log files off that Sapphire would that help?

Thank you, Iain
clublights

Postby clublights » 08 Dec 2017, 05:28

There seems to be an odd bug in highlight where they seem to get stuck in highlight .. reselect turn highlight on and off again and you are good to go .
bercic

Postby bercic » 12 Dec 2017, 19:03

there is a confirmed bug with highlight.

if you dont have any fixtures selected and clear while highlight is turned on, it stays on but the indicator led turns of
Iain

Postby Iain » 12 Dec 2017, 19:11

That's the conclusion I came to. Thanks for the confirmation. Iain