Midi trigger on expert

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

totalworks4u

Midi trigger on expert

Postby totalworks4u » 23 Mar 2017, 16:32

Last week had a live album reading session. 13 songs were preprogrammed as 13 separate cue lists.
Only one midi trigger was mapped to operate GO button to step trough the list. Fire the first cue option was not used on any of them.
To my surprise, when console was receiving this specific midi command, it was startingin playing through the random cue list from that 13, when all faders on them were down, and non of the 13 cue lists was selected to run by manually rasing it fader to activate it.
Is this normal??????
yyy898

Re: Midi trigger on expert

Postby yyy898 » 25 Mar 2017, 10:56

this is normal,
you are connected to a cuelist even when faders are down and all settings are as you said.
the GO button is always connected to a cuelist.
if you don't want any of the cuelists to go when you press go (either manual or via midi) you need to make an extra cuelist that does nothing and connect to that cuelist.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Mar 2017, 13:37

You can press Connect twice to disconnect all cue lists from the Go button. You can also turn off auto-connect in User Settings so that cue lists (or chases) will not connect automatically when they are fired and will only do so by pressing Connect followed by the playback swop or by changing the key profile so that one of the playback buttons is Connect.
totalworks4u

Postby totalworks4u » 27 Mar 2017, 14:50

Thanks, Gregory, I found the user settings the other day.
In case of double pushin connect botton, then u manually connect to one cue that you need, correct?
How about time coded cue lists:
If I have multiplenty of them ready and saved on faders, when console receives that initial 00.00.00.00 code, how it know which cue list will go?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Mar 2017, 15:17

totalworks4u wrote:In case of double pushin connect botton, then u manually connect to one cue that you need, correct?
Yes, although you don't have to disconnect first before manually connecting to another list. Pressing Connect twice does not stop it from connecting again automatically if the user setting is still set to do that.

totalworks4u wrote:How about time coded cue lists:
If I have multiplenty of them ready and saved on faders, when console receives that initial 00.00.00.00 code, how it know which cue list will go?
Normally this is achieved by starting each song at a different time e.g. song 1 would start at 01:00:00.00 and song 2 at 02:00:00.00 and the console will trigger the appropriate cue list. This would depend on you being able to setup the timecode source to do this. You can also use the Kill out of range playbacks setting to kill cue lists when the timecode clock is not between the earliest and latest value for that cue list.

You can enable/disable individual cue lists from triggering from timecode in the Timecode > Connected Cue Lists menu where you can toggle them on and off. However there I do not think there is a good way to automate this.
totalworks4u

Postby totalworks4u » 27 Mar 2017, 16:17

Sounds like a lot of extra fun.
One more thing, when I was manually entering time code values for cues , I was not able to enter any number of frames. The smollest encriment console allow me to input were seconds.
Is there a setting for this?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 27 Mar 2017, 16:30

You can use the left and right cursor keys to change the timecode field you are editing or the Through and And buttons next to the numeric keypad can be used. You can also type in a full timecode value using the decimal point as a separator e.g. 01.01.31.15 however I usually find using the buttons to change field easier.