Jumpy Faders

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

oaksld

Jumpy Faders

Postby oaksld » 18 Sep 2015, 13:43

Sapphire Touch has developed a problem in which several of the motorised faders will jump when you barely touch them (or completely on there own) causing whatever cue is on them to fire... the work around at the moment had been to avoid putting anything on those faders (minor inconvenience) but all of the faders are a little wonky as in sometimes when pushing a fader up slow it will fight back and lower itself.
Is there a way to completely disconnect the motorized function of the faders? I have the console set to always hold playbacks but it doesn't help this problem.

Thank you.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Jumpy Faders

Postby niclights » 18 Sep 2015, 18:26

You can probably just remove the belts as a brutal solution but recommend speak to service ASAP before you do anything.
brian

Postby brian » 26 Sep 2015, 13:02

I have the exact same problem! but it happens to all my faders. It only started happening after installing the 9.1 update tho haven't got a chance to downgrade to ver 9.0 yet but when I do I will give an update
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 27 Sep 2015, 22:52

I was having the problem before upgrading to 9.1.. I was running version 8.xx and still having the problem.. i'm assuming it's a hardware issue... I tried replacing the power supply but that was a much bigger project than I was willing to tackle.. all the ground wires seem to be solid.. I can only assume that it is bad faders that need to be replaced (maybe all of them).
Let me know what you you find out.

Thank You
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 19 Oct 2015, 20:06

I received a firmware update to fix these pesky faders... after doing the update, out of the 2 faders that were really giving me problems, one of them seems to be functioning normally and the other is still jumpy although not near as sensitive as before… I will put some cues back on them and do a show tomorrow and see how it goes.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 23 Oct 2015, 16:26

It sounds like you have faulty faders which need replacing. I suggest you contact our service department for further advice and possibly to arrange getting the faders replaced.
Avolites Software Team
bercic

Postby bercic » 03 Nov 2015, 14:30

on our sapphire touch we have a similar problem with the faders blocking slow fades. apparently in titan v9.1 there was a fader touch sensitive function added witch does not allow the faders to fade without touch response(you cant move it with a pen or something similar) you can see the touch response by the cue part of the fader brightens up when you touch the fader.
Problem is when I have sweaty hands and move 3 faders at the same time the faders start blocking themselves and resisting my fingers and the bright parts on screen start flashing. only when I let go of the faders wipe my fingers and try again they unblock themselves and the fade is possible.
i think the problem is in the faders loosing touch response because i have sweaty hands and thus start blocking.
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 03 Nov 2015, 17:37

If you carry out ECN-0203 then it will resolve this issue. At the same time I recommend doing ECN-0204
Avolites Software Team
bercic

Postby bercic » 06 Nov 2015, 13:12

my issue is resolved using ecn-0203. many thanks.
will do 0204 as soon as console will be free for a longer period of time.