Version 7 issues

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

oaksld

Version 7 issues

Postby oaksld » 20 Sep 2013, 16:43

I have a couple of issues since updating the Sapphire Touch to version 7.0

1) Martin stage bars are not fading out when I bring down a submaster with them in it.. as a matter of fact they now do the opposite and bring all the cells to full! I have made a black out fader as a work around but I didn't have this problem with 6.1

2) For some reason a lot of my cues (not all) involving Mac 700 washes lost their intensity.. had to go through every cue and update.. all the 700 profiles were fine.

3) This is the biggie... If I have a submaster(s) up on say, page 1, and I change pages to look at some other stuff, it will hold the subs while on other pages but when I go back to the original page the faders immediately go to zero and the stage goes black.. again, I never had this issue with 6.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Congo Design

Re: Version 7 issues

Postby Congo Design » 24 Sep 2013, 21:43

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having these issues.
It seems as if moving lights loose intensities within the cue stack and on one show I'm looking after I have to reload the show file each time I boot the desk up so that all tracking issues are resolved. Seems to be the only work around presently.

I look after 4 tiger touch consoles and have issues on each!

Dan
Olie
Site Admin

Postby Olie » 25 Sep 2013, 13:29

Can you please contact me at Avolites by phone, I do not think I am going to be able to deal with these by the forum.
Avolites Software Team
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 25 Sep 2013, 14:54

*UPDATE*

"If I have a submaster(s) up on say, page 1, and I change pages to look at some other stuff, it will hold the subs while on other pages but when I go back to the original page the faders immediately go to zero and the stage goes black"

This problem has gone away since reloading the show.

"For some reason a lot of my cues (not all) involving Mac 700 washes lost their intensity.. had to go through every cue and update.. all the 700 profiles were fine."

I haven't had anymore problems with this, but FYI, I had cues that had a combination of 700 washes and 700 profiles in them and only the washes lost intensity :? Kinda weird but seems to be working fine now.

"Martin stage bars are not fading out when I bring down a submaster with them in it.. as a matter of fact they now do the opposite and bring all the cells to full! I have made a black out fader as a work around"

I'm still having this issue.. they are in 3 channel mode (R/B/G) with no intensity.. I have a color release mask on the cue but but it seems to be doing the opposite... if the cue includes a shape with the stage bars it fades out just fine when the fader is pulled down (while having fx in the release mask). I built a cue that just has stage bars with all colors at 0% and as long as that fader is up the problem cues will fade out when released.

Thank you for your time!

P.S. I was going to call you with this but apparently my cell phone plan only allows me to call as far as Canada :x
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 25 Sep 2013, 16:10

If the fixtures don't have a dimmer then they are not natively going to fade by fader. Using a release mask will return them to a previous state when killed. So it sounds to me like this is all working correctly. You just need to ensure that there is a previous state to return to. This could be from another playback or a quick palette (ie. apply this without selecting any fixtures). Note that if you select (and clear) the fixtures and there is no appropriate playback active then the fixtures will return to their locate state on release. To ensure they fade to black in this instance you could update the locate values by setting the fixtures to black, record, locate. Bear in mind that if you do this then they will obviously not light on stage if you do use locate.

Personally I would avoid the whole problem by using a personality with a virtual dimmer, for example generic rgb. You could exchange your fixtures to these.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 25 Sep 2013, 16:45

Virtual dimmer has been added to the RGB and RGBAW modes of the StageBar 54, this should be available to download from the website tomorrow.
oaksld

Postby oaksld » 26 Sep 2013, 13:31

That's excellent guys! Thanks for all the help :D