[Future] Mode 2 problem with color bump

Questions or discussions about the Titan and classic consoles and software.

Moderator: Moderators

renebiemans

[Future] Mode 2 problem with color bump

Postby renebiemans » 11 Sep 2020, 22:23

Avolites Titan Go with T2
Titan 14.0 Beta 61
Fixture library: 11-9-2020

When creating an color bump in mode 2 I am having a problem that sometimes the color does not return to the initial color. The strange thing is that this only happens when having NOT all colors of the fixtures the same.
Create showfile:
- patch 2 fixtures
- make 3 GS color palletes (e.g. red, groen, white)
- record a memory for both fixtures (both fixtures dimmer on, white)
- record a memory for only fixtures 1 (fixture 1 dimmer on, white)
- edit times select mode 2 for both memory's
Simulate problem:
- press clear
- now select fixture 1 and press color pallete red
- now select fixture 2 and press color pallete green
- press clear
- now swop quickly between both memory's. You will see that sometimes fixture 1 will not go back to the red color and remains white.

This does not happen when I did not select the fixtures and then selected an color (so all fixtures then have the same color) and then I will quickly swop.
TWC

Re: Mode 2 problem with color bump

Postby TWC » 12 Sep 2020, 12:08

what have you got your clear mode set to?

I noticed a similar behaviour to this when using the pixel mapper where certain fixtures went white instead of going off but I put it down to me doing something wrong
Avo Machine - v14
Titan Mobile + Fader Wing
Dell Optiplex 7010usff
i7, ssd, 8GB, Intel Hd4000

Capture Machine
2020 Symphony - 2020.0.53
AMD A7, ssd, 32GB, nVidia RTX3060 Eagle

Ai Media Server - 12.1
r6 + 2x Datapath DVI capture cards + Genlock module.
renebiemans

Postby renebiemans » 13 Sep 2020, 00:07

It happens with an empty show and default clear settings, I have reproduced this now several times. It does not happen when I fired an colour palate without selecting an group.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Sep 2020, 09:14

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this.

I have been unable to reproduce this when being careful to only press one button at a time, even very quickly in succession (for example rapidly tapping the left mouse button while hovering over the swop button and switching between the two in PC Suite or alternating quickly between the two swop buttons on a Quartz using a different hand for each as if I was playing Hypersports...)

However, I was able to consistently repeat simply by pressing both swop or flash buttons at the same time on the Quartz. I wonder if this is what is happening in your case? Note this does not occur if you hold one swop and then press the other. It only occurs if the two are pressed simulaneously, even though presumably there is still technically a time difference of some sort between the two. It can also be reproduced by holding the swop of one and pressing the flash of another. In all cases it is the memory with the single fixture that gets stuck (regardless of the swop+flash order in the latter example). If the red palette is in the programmer (for example without pressing clear after selecting fixture 1 and applying the red palette) then this does not occur. Note that when it does occur the intensity also continues to output to stage - raising the associated fader above the trigger point reasserts the level. Also note it helps to have a separate memory containing just the dimmers raised so you can see when the white is stuck.

I have reproduced this in v13.0 release and it is not a regression. There have been numerous similar issues with mode 2 in the past and so this may have been the case for a long time.
renebiemans

Postby renebiemans » 22 Sep 2020, 20:28

I indeed had an simular problem with V13 and V12. So maybe this is indeed not an V14 related problem, but it do is an bug. Can you place it on the list that it will be solved in an new version?
phb

Postby phb » 23 Sep 2020, 09:40

This is in the system as 84496 and is indeed on the list of things to be addressed in the future.

Thanks for taking the time to report this!
Pete Bridgman :: Avolites