Change From Pioneer Trigger To A BPM Master

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

c-j-y

Change From Pioneer Trigger To A BPM Master

Postby c-j-y » 28 Feb 2021, 18:24

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a macro that allows me to switch off the Pioneer DJ BPM trigger, and switch a selection of playbacks to a BPM master. I'd like to have this in my busk file as a fail safe as I've seen with Pioneer hardware during breakdowns of tracks or sections of tracks without a beat structure that can be analysed, the Pioneer software can incorrectly interpret the BPM. I'd like to avoid my effects suddenly changing BPM during a breakdown, and give myself the option to temporarily switch to a manual BPM master, and then back to the Pioneer trigger again when needed.

I have tried creating this Macro on a Quartz running v14, but as I don't have Pioneer hardware, it's difficult to test. I have found the pre-written macro called "PioneerDJ On/Off", which is half of what I'm looking for. I guess the key here is selecting all of the Playbacks to be reassigned live, which I cannot seem to do.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.
icke_siegen

Re: Change From Pioneer Trigger To A BPM Master

Postby icke_siegen » 01 Mar 2021, 15:41

Hi,

the Pioneer DJ link thing directly sets the BPM value of a BPM master. I wonder if not simply disabling pioneer with the macro you already found makes this master controllable again, so that you don't have to do anything else.

Some thoughts about the question you asked, to set the speed source of a number of playbacks (Olie or Greg might chime in and add more detail):

The Titan macro engine is not particularly good in working with a logical selection of things - it is rather hard if not impossible to create macros which alter e.g. playbacks from x to y. So far you need to implement some basic system yourself. E.g. you might put all playbacks you want to be toggled in a certain location, or give them a certain user number.

Then, you need to select them one by one, and set the speed source to another BPM master. I guess this goes either via AssignSpeedSourceFromHandle or via SpeedSource.

Maybe this can be done on multiple playbacks at once: select them with SelectPlaybacks (in order to see how a list of playbacks can be selected see here) and then use this SpeedSource.

(so far my 50 ct. - look here for some inspiration: https://www.avolites.de/wiki/macros:exa ... multiplier)