Bump Replacer

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart K

Bump Replacer

Postby Bart K » 28 Mar 2020, 16:26

Hey Guys,

In this strange times Im editing my main Avo show file.

Wrote some Color bumper macro's. They select a 'all fixture' group, select a color, record that color in the bump spot.
Now it replaces that spot, with the line: Palette.StoreCurrentPaletteReplace

To take it a step further, I want to write some macro's to merge some zoom/strobe/iris pallets in to the same spot. To make some different chases on a busk show.
So instead of replace the color bump, I need to merge it. I replaced the ''paletteReplace'' line with Palette.QuickMergePalette, but somehow it stays now in the blind and don't clear the programmer anymore.

Is this the correct line to use?

Any tips are more then welcome, thanks in advance!

Stay stafe guys.

Cheers,

Bart
icke_siegen

Re: Bump Replacer

Postby icke_siegen » 29 Mar 2020, 09:00

Hi Bart,

if you could post the code then we could have a look. Also, you may send me the show by email: s.beutel@trendco.de

That it stays in blind means that the macro breaks at some point which may be due to everything: a typo, a wrong comma or quote somewhere, a missing argument... Usually iId have a look in the logs with the log viewer - this is not very verbose but may help identifying the culprit.

And another note: I guess quickmerge is not what you need here as it only updates the attributes which are already in this palette. You might need something like

Code: Select all

Palette.MergeCurrentPalette()

Best regards, Sebastian
Bart K

Postby Bart K » 29 Mar 2020, 13:02

Hi Sebastian,

I just send u an email with my showfile.

In addition I post here the macro where Im talking about. So other people can read along.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Bart
Attachments
Colour.White.Bumper.xml
(989 Bytes) Downloaded 635 times
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 29 Mar 2020, 16:30

I had problems sending an email reply hence I post it here:

Hi Bart,

I had a look into this. But there is no such line you mentioned in the forum - I see the additional macros (for zoom and shutter/strobe), but these are recorded ones. So far it looks like they are working okay. So, what exactly can I do for you? What is the problem you need a solution for?

Best, Sebastian
Bart K

Postby Bart K » 29 Mar 2020, 21:25

Hi Sebastian,

No problem. I will write down some further information.

Now, when I fire a ''bump'' color from my playback window. It calls a color from the ''All Fix'' row. Then it replaces that color into the ''bump1'' color.
When I add a strobe/zoom/iris pallet with the recorded marcro's and merge them into the ''bump1'' color, its fine.

But when I select a new 'bump' color from my playback window, it replaces the ''bump1'' color, so it overwrite the strobe/zoom/iris information.
I want the strobe/zoom/iris information to be still in the ''bump1'' color pallet, when I select a new ''bump'' color from my playback window.

So I think that the Palette.StoreCurrentPaletteReplace need to be changed for something liek Palette.StoreCurrentPaletteMerge. So the rest of the pallet information stays in there.

I hope I explained it well, so u kind of understand what I want, haha.

Thanks already Sebastian!

Cheers,

Bart
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 29 Mar 2020, 21:32

I guess

Code: Select all

Palette.MergeCurrentPalette()

does this. I'll check myself :D
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 30 Mar 2020, 13:06

I tried it and - if I understand correctly what you are wanting - it does exactly what you ask. I sent you the amended macro file yesterday - please have a try.
Bart K

Postby Bart K » 30 Mar 2020, 15:40

Tried it. Works perfectly.

Many thanks Sebastian.