Colour bump macro

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

Bart K

Colour bump macro

Postby Bart K » 14 Apr 2019, 22:12

Hey Guys,

Got some spare time left, so im digging myself into some macro writing. (just started)

What do I want:
I want a couple playback faders with a cue list to bump my colours. For example a ODD/EVEN playback fader, Three pair playback fader ect.
In the 'colours' window I got my colours apart from each other. Recorded for every fixture type. Beside that I want 1 line of the same colours, but those colours will function as the bump colour to the playback faders.

What do I have now:
On my second playback fader page, I got 10 three pair colour bumps. But on every fader a nother colour.
On my third playback fader page, I got 10 ODD/EVEN colour bumps. Also on every fader a nother colour. I want to reduce this big amout of faders. To make it a lot quicker in LIVE shows and save space.

In the attachments you will find the macro I write up to now.

What does the macro need to do?
Need to select my ''ALL FIX'' group.
Select a colour, that will be the ''bump'' colour.
Replace the ''bump'' colour in to the 'bump' pallet. (With this pallet I made the various cue lists)

What does the macro do now?
Go in the BLIND mode.
Selects the ''ALL FIX'' group.
Recalls a colour (now set white) at ''colourswindows=1,2 ---After this step the macro stops, for some reason---
Replace this colour to the ''bump pallet'' at ''colourswindow=1,100
Clear the programmer
Exit Blind mode

I hope I explained it well. I'm very very new to macro writing.
Forgive me if it's a stupid mistake.

Thanks for your time guys. Much appreciated.
Attachments
Colour.Bumper.xml
(981 Bytes) Downloaded 884 times
icke_siegen

Re: Colour bump macro

Postby icke_siegen » 15 Apr 2019, 06:49

I believe the reason it stops is very simple:

you try to set a property

Code: Select all

Palette.CurrentPalettehandle

but the property is called

Code: Select all

Palette.CurrentPaletteHandle

(note the capital H for Handle)
Bart K

Postby Bart K » 15 Apr 2019, 16:43

Thanks for the reply!

Works fine now. Going to build this further.
Jules Kuiper

Postby Jules Kuiper » 13 Dec 2019, 12:15

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as you described in your first post. Loads of chases and cue lists for al my color bumps. However, i tried your macro and fixed it with the description in the reaction below, but i can't make it work. I don't have much knowledge about macro writing, so that might be a problem. But could you please tell me how you have fixed it or how you got the one above to work. I now Have recorded a cue list, with an odd even list (cue 1 odd=red even=white, cue 2 odd=white even =red). If i select a colour from my colour tab and then use your macro it doesn't do anything. Could you please help me and tell what i'm doing wrong. The best would be if you could hand me out your working bump macro but i can understand it if you wouldn't do that for me.

Kind regards,
Jules
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 13 Dec 2019, 17:38

Can you send me the showfile and the macro? I'll have a look. s.beutel@trendco.de

Thanks. Sebastian