Can Cue or Chase Fire A Macro??

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Can Cue or Chase Fire A Macro??

Postby kimwida » 25 Feb 2018, 11:40

I know how to fire a macro in cuelist. But is it possilbe to fire a macro in a cue or chase??
The reason why I need it is, I want to make groups of cues or chases in which only one cue or chase can be pushed.
Like manufactured palette fade time macros. When I push one of the macros, the others release!!! They are very very useful.
At first, I tried to change my macros key profile to latch style. But it doesn't look like possible.
So when I fire a cue or chase, if it can fire a macro, I think I can make similar things.
Of course, the best thing is latch key profile to macro.
Gregory

Re: Can Cue or Chase Fire A Macro??

Postby Gregory » 25 Feb 2018, 19:08

No it is not possible to fire a macro from cues or chases. Do do something similar set a cue list to Fire First Cue and Kill At 0 and either have a single cue or a second cue with the Release Me macro. Chases can be done with autoloads.

Macros are just a sequence of commands so they do not have a concept of latching. Some factory macros highlight under certain conditions however these are not linked to the macro itself but some other property of the console.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 26 Feb 2018, 04:08

Thank you.
With your advice, I think I can do what I want.
Make a cue playback to two step cuelist and autoload a macro in the second cue which release other playbacks.

===================================================================================================

I don't know why but it need 3 step cuelist.
When I tried 2 step cuelist, it didn't fire first autoload cue's chase even it's set "Fire First Cue Endabled".
(It fire at second time.)
But when the first autoload cue is a cue playback, it fire first autoload cue at first time.

I solved it with 3 step cuelist in this way.

First Cue
Link : "With Previous", Link Offset : "0s", Autoload : blank

Second Cue
Link : "After Previous", Link Offset : "0s", Autoload : any chase you want

Third Cue
Link : "Wait For Go", Link Offset : "Disabled", Autolad : Release Me Macro
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Feb 2018, 10:56

I think the fire first step issue is specific to cue lists in the playback window. On faders they work correctly.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 27 Aug 2018, 17:36

There might be another option - it looks a little longwinded but might be suitable for some situations:

- the console can trigger itself via sACN
- macros can be triggered when they are put on handles in the Macros window.

In order to make this work you need to
- put your macros in the Macros window
- patch some dimmer channels which you otherwise don't use
- assign these channels' universe to sACN
- either install the loopback adaptor or make one network port active (connect it to a switch)
- define sACN triggers so that the incoming sACN from your dummy channels triggers your macros

The beauty of this approach lies in the fact that this way (a) cues and chasers can be used to fire macros, and (b) each macro can be triggered from various cues.