Can Cue or Chase Fire A Macro??

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

kimwida

Can Cue or Chase Fire A Macro??

Postby kimwida » 25 Feb 2018, 11:40

I know how to fire a macro in cuelist. But is it possilbe to fire a macro in a cue or chase??
The reason why I need it is, I want to make groups of cues or chases in which only one cue or chase can be pushed.
Like manufactured palette fade time macros. When I push one of the macros, the others release!!! They are very very useful.
At first, I tried to change my macros key profile to latch style. But it doesn't look like possible.
So when I fire a cue or chase, if it can fire a macro, I think I can make similar things.
Of course, the best thing is latch key profile to macro.
Gregory
Site Admin

Re: Can Cue or Chase Fire A Macro??

Postby Gregory » 25 Feb 2018, 19:08

No it is not possible to fire a macro from cues or chases. Do do something similar set a cue list to Fire First Cue and Kill At 0 and either have a single cue or a second cue with the Release Me macro. Chases can be done with autoloads.

Macros are just a sequence of commands so they do not have a concept of latching. Some factory macros highlight under certain conditions however these are not linked to the macro itself but some other property of the console.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 26 Feb 2018, 04:08

Thank you.
With your advice, I think I can do what I want.
Make a cue playback to two step cuelist and autoload a macro in the second cue which release other playbacks.

===================================================================================================

I don't know why but it need 3 step cuelist.
When I tried 2 step cuelist, it didn't fire first autoload cue's chase even it's set "Fire First Cue Endabled".
(It fire at second time.)
But when the first autoload cue is a cue playback, it fire first autoload cue at first time.

I solved it with 3 step cuelist in this way.

First Cue
Link : "With Previous", Link Offset : "0s", Autoload : blank

Second Cue
Link : "After Previous", Link Offset : "0s", Autoload : any chase you want

Third Cue
Link : "Wait For Go", Link Offset : "Disabled", Autolad : Release Me Macro
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Feb 2018, 10:56

I think the fire first step issue is specific to cue lists in the playback window. On faders they work correctly.