Sharing: a macro to change your color chase

This is a place for people to chare the custom macros they have written.

Moderator: Moderators

yyy898

Sharing: a macro to change your color chase

Postby yyy898 » 31 Aug 2016, 09:33

Hi there,
in attachment you will find a macro that i made that changes the colours of a color chase to any color you want.

To use this macro:
1) make a color chase that uses color pallets
2) place those color pallets on the color pallets windows page 2 positions 1 and 2
3) create a group for all the fixtures used in that color chase and give that group ID 100
4) when you want to change the colors, place the 2 new colors you want on the color pallets page 1 positions 35 and 36 (will be the two bottom right ones when you go full screen and supper size.
5) run the macro and have fun.

link to the pdf manual:
http://docdro.id/BdZNsow
Attachments
color chase changer.xml
(4.33 KiB) Downloaded 1310 times
yyy898

Re: Sharing: a macro to change your color chase

Postby yyy898 » 11 Jan 2018, 07:50

Hi all,
i made a V2 version of this macro which doesn't use button presses but it uses Actions which goes much faster / smoother and doesn't let the screen blink.
You can find it over here:
http://www.avolites.de/wiki/macros:exam ... changer_v2
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 08 Feb 2018, 18:20

Hi.

I try to apply your cool code to "Gobos and Beams" workspace window.

Code: Select all

ActionScript.SetProperty(“Palette.CurrentPaletteHandle”, handle:“Location=Gobos and Beams,2,1”)

or

ActionScript.SetProperty(“Palette.CurrentPaletteHandle”, handle:“Location='Gobos and Beams',2,1”)

or

ActionScript.SetProperty(“Palette.CurrentPaletteHandle”, handle:“Location=Gobos,2,1”)

They don't work.
How can I get a palette handle from "Gobos and Beams" workspace window??
=============================================================================
And I found that if there is no "colour" mask in the palette's record setting, it doesn't work.

I think that it need some code which set "colour" mask in the palette's record setting.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Feb 2018, 08:08

The handle group for the 'Gobos and Beams' windows is named 'Beams', hence it should work with

ActionScript.SetProperty(“Palette.CurrentPaletteHandle”, handle:“Location=Beams,2,1”)

And the palette record mask: need to test this a little further - maybe the reason is simply the function Palette.StoreCurrentPaletteReplace(). In which window do you want to store which attributes?
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 09 Feb 2018, 08:42

Thanks for the beams!!
About the palette mask, I just encountered it when I applied the code.
Everything was ok but the code didn’t work.
After some hours, I found it didn’t work without record palette’s color mask.
And it’s for other people who may be in future trouble.
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Feb 2018, 08:54

And how exactly did you set the palette record mask?
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 09 Feb 2018, 09:06

-p----- : only position

or IP-GB---- or .... : without colour mask
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Feb 2018, 09:59

I mean of course Colour needs to be included in the Record Mask if you want to record it. or did I misunderstand the problem?

Of course we could also set the record mask in the macro, but too my mind this would then get rather complicated, and hard to oversee.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 09 Feb 2018, 11:05

The reason why I think it could be a problem is here.

1) Make some macros with the code. And use them as usual.
2) In a someday show, I record or edit a position palette or playback with only position mask. And leave with the mask set.
3) In the busking show, use the macros, but they don't work. Why?? What's wrong?? They worked before!!
4) As I said before, it takes some time to find out the answer.

And now I am making a macro to circulate my favorite color palettes with one touch. (I am sure that someone already use the macro)
So with only two macros, I could change the chase's colors. It's gonna be very convenient.
I like macros and especially this change color chase code. I just want the code to be perfect and get improved more.
And I want to know more about macro, that's all. :D :D :D
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Feb 2018, 11:30

Hi Kim,

cool thing - I am happy you like all that! And I will think about that REcord Mask thing - personally I almost never used this feature, but it shouldn't be a problem to reset the mask to include all in the macro.

best, Sebastian
icke_siegen

Postby icke_siegen » 09 Feb 2018, 13:42

In order to set the RecordPalette mask to include all you can use this code:

<step pause="0.01">Attribute.Mask.IncludeAll("Palette")</step>
htevents

Postby htevents » 12 Mar 2019, 11:16

Sorry for bumping an older topic, but I run into a problem.

I want to make a chase with odd/even fixtures with only one colour over the selected palette colour (step 1 is odd fixtures to selected colour and even fixtures have no colour info (OFF), so the palette colour. Step 2 is even fixtures to selected colour and odd fixtures with no colour information, so the palette colour (OFF)).

I record the chase with a palette (white) on the first position of page 4 of the colour palette window. This works fine.

Then I copied all the colour palettes I want the first palette to change into on the same page and record a macro as following:
- record > macro > select a handle to place the macro (in this case I put the macro under the red colour palette as it will act as the red colour selection for the chase)
- blind mode > select all fixtures used in the chase > select red palette > record > click on the palette to be changed (first palette of page 4) > replace
- clear programmer > exit blind mode > click macro button to stop recording the macro

I do this for all the colours I want the replaceble palette to change in to. Now I am facing the following problems.
First, when selecting the macro without running the chase, the odd fixtures (first step of the chase) already change colour.
The second problem I face is when I first clear and then exit the blind mode before ending the recording of the macro, the macro lets the programmer keep information. When I first exit blind mode and then press clear before ending the macro recording, ithe programmer will be cleared. But in both situations, the macro will set the odd fixtures to the colour of the macro, even without activating the chase.

I hope I made my problems clear enough for you to give me an answer. Maybe I do it all in the wrong way and you can explain in detail how to make the macro''s to achieve what I want.
grotefin

Postby grotefin » 24 Jun 2019, 13:33

Hello thxx for the macro it works great.

But i got a question. I want a macro at 1.16 and 1.17 that changes color when I choose a color pallete. so I have multiple color pallets. and they must change the color of the macro. that is so that I don't have to replace or copy the colors every time.

With kind regards

Finley Post
yyy898

Postby yyy898 » 24 Jun 2019, 15:48

grotefin wrote:Hello thxx for the macro it works great.

But i got a question. I want a macro at 1.16 and 1.17 that changes color when I choose a color pallete. so I have multiple color pallets. and they must change the color of the macro. that is so that I don't have to replace or copy the colors every time.

With kind regards

Finley Post

Can you please rephrase your question ? I don't understand what you want.
grotefin

Postby grotefin » 25 Jun 2019, 12:05

yyy898 wrote:
grotefin wrote:Hello thxx for the macro it works great.

With kind regards

Finley Post

Can you please rephrase your question ? I don't understand what you want.

when you want to change the colour in the chase. you have to move a colour pallete to colour 1.16 & 1.17. i was wondering if there is a easy'er way to change the colours. i was looking for something like a macro at colour 1.16 & 1.17 that will change his colour from a group of pallete's.