random fixture order for cells

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

random fixture order for cells

Postby htevents » 18 Oct 2022, 11:35

Hello all,

I have a few Beamz MadMax 5x10w COB fixtures and I want to set the cells of all the fixtures in random order. The goal is to have a random strobe effect over the cells without having to program each cell with a chase, but program a key frame shape with a dimmer on frame and a dimmer off frame and then throw it over the cells instead of the fixtures. The result has to be that the cells will light up in random order.

How can I achieve this?

Thank you in advance.
htevents

Re: random fixture order for cells

Postby htevents » 28 Oct 2022, 13:04

In the mean time I have found the solution myself, so for anyone with the same question: Select all the multi cell fixture you want to add to a random group handle, hit . on the keypad and hit enter. It now has selected all the individual cells. Record to a group handle like normal. Edit the group fixture order like you want. Maybe I am missing something, but you can't see the fixture order in visual, like you can see with main fixtures in the fixtures window.

Hope I make sense, if not, please feel free to ask.
niclights
The eManual

Re: random fixture order for cells

Postby niclights » 29 Oct 2022, 11:33

Sorry, I meant to look at this before but not had time.

Regarding the random effect you should be able to do this by setting the key frame shape to run on sub fixtures (linear) and set the direction to random.

In full:

[Shapes And Effects]
[Key Frame Shapes]
<Select master fixtures>
@ [Full] [Add Frame]
@ [0%] [Add Frame]
[Finish Recording Frames]
Set curve of both frames to snap
Set Run On Sub Fixtures t0 On (Linear]
Set Spread (suggest = number of pixels per fixture ie. 5 here)
Set Direction to random (two lines pointing right and crossing over)
Drag the second frame to the left so that there is only short on time
Set speed

This still produces a repeated pattern but hopefully is convincingly random enough. I do think this needs to be improved so that it is more random. If you need more random you could probably get creative with separating the fixtures and having multiple shapes with different speeds etc.

Regarding seeing the fixture order of cells probably the easiest way is to use the Group Layout Editor ([Edit Layout}) instead. If you unfold the fixtures you it will show you the order but you can't edit it at the moment.