activating chases while in a cue list

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

just this guy

activating chases while in a cue list

Postby just this guy » 05 Aug 2022, 08:47

My show has a cuelist that goes from 1-80, and then I have two chases programmed on separate handles.

At one point in the performance, when I'm on cue 50, I want to activate the first chase, then at the right time switch to the second chase, then when ready go back to the cuelist.

Last night while initially setting them up, I found I could press and hold on the Swop of the first chase, and it would play that, then I quickly release and jump over to pressing and holding Swop of the second chase, then when I released that it seemed to go back to the cue list.

Later on, though, I tried it again, and when I released the second Swop button it didn't resume the cuelist. I'm not entirely sure what it did, actually, and I don't have it with me again now to find out. In fact, I even had to reconnect the cuelist ("Cue" button, then click the cuelist handle), at which point it _seemed_ to jump to the first cue in the cuelist (but I may have been on the final cue in the cuelist when I Swopped the chases, so maybe that's what it does?).

Is this "Swop" approach a bad idea? Can I embed the chases into the cuelist instead?
just this guy

Re: activating chases while in a cue list

Postby just this guy » 05 Aug 2022, 10:14

Sorry, never mind this. I got the Titan Simulator to work and had a play.

It seems that setting a Chase as the Autoload for a cue does what I want and seems to Just Work (which is perhaps the first time anything in the software hasn't felt extremely weird to me :).
niclights
The eManual

Re: activating chases while in a cue list

Postby niclights » 05 Aug 2022, 10:17

In terms of understanding your original method there are two ways of stepping through 'wait for go' cues in a cue list. One is the main Go button which will operate on the connected playback. The other is via a button associated with the playback where the action is 'Go' (set via key profiles). Separately there is a user setting that determines the 'auto connect' behaviour. By default autoconnect will connect to the last chase or cue list that has been fired. This can be changed to just cue lists, just chases or can be disabled completely. If it was set to autoconnect to both cuelists and chases when you swop the chases it would connect to that. If you then tried to use the main Go button it wil be associated with the chase.

If the chases always need to be fired at a known point then I would suggest using autoload - record two empty cues in the cue list at the position for the chases, view the cuelist, click in the 'autoload' cell of the cue representing the first chase and then select the chase playback. Repeat for the cue representing the second chase.