fade to a lower intensity

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

just this guy

fade to a lower intensity

Postby just this guy » 29 Jul 2022, 09:29

I'm very new to this, so it's probably something stupid I'm doing, but I cannot fade in a cue with a _lower_ intensity on a fixture.

I have my theatre spot at 50%, and in the next cue I have it at 0 (or 5, something low, anyway). I give the second cue a 'fade in' value of 5, but when I switch to it the spot just immediately jumps to the lower intensity.

If I change that second cue to be 100% instead, then the fade works as I expect (i.e. it fades up from 50 to 100).

I tried setting a 'fade out' on the first cue, but... I don't know what that's doing at all. It certainly doesn't fade the first cue out. In fact, it seems to show the green 'fade progression' bar growing when the first cue is activated.

How do I fade it _down_?
niclights
The eManual

Re: fade to a lower intensity

Postby niclights » 29 Jul 2022, 09:36

Are the cues all in a cue list? It should just work the way you expect. Is there something else holding it at the level, for example another playback (this would take priority)?
just this guy

Postby just this guy » 29 Jul 2022, 10:03

Yup, I'm very very very simple. The entire show is done with one cue list, lots of cues, and simply clicking "Go" each time.

I don't think something else can be holding it at a level because it _does_ change, it just doesn't fade.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 29 Jul 2022, 10:14

Sorry, yes, I overlooked that it was just the fading. It might be easier if you could send me your show and I will see if I can spot what it is. nick <dot> morris <at> avolites <dot> com.
just this guy

Postby just this guy » 29 Jul 2022, 10:24

Gosh, thank you.

Unfortuantely I don't have a copy with me, and I don't have access to the hall again until Sunday, but I will get it to you as soon as I can after that.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Aug 2022, 11:34

For the benefit of anyone else reading this the reason was that 'Fade Out' was 0 sec for the cue with the lower value. The 'Fade Out' value applies to HTP (ie. dimmer) values that are lower than the preceeding cue. By default this is set to 'As In' which means it will fade down any intensity values over the same time as the 'Fade In' value which applies to both HTP and LTP controls.
just this guy

Postby just this guy » 05 Aug 2022, 08:10

Just confirming that I got to try this out last night and it worked. Super. Thank you.