Patching on Tiger Touch

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

erikmusikenshus

Patching on Tiger Touch

Postby erikmusikenshus » 30 May 2022, 13:21

Maybe an easy (stupid question)
...but I bought four new fixtures that I patched on to my file, then changing to another file the patching is not there in the fixture list? I though that when you patch new fixtures all the files that I work with on the TT will be linked to that same patch?? ? Isn't patching "global" for all the files then?
icke_siegen

Re: Patching on Tiger Touch

Postby icke_siegen » 30 May 2022, 15:51

When you patch a fixture the relevant personality file is stored in the showfile. This way it is guaranteed that the show works with exactly the patched version on whatever console, unless you intentionally update the personality with Patch -> Edit Fixtures -> Update Personality.

However, in order to transfer this personality to other consoles into other shows you need to store the personality separately (I guess this is what you are asking). With your show loaded you can call Patch -> Edit Fixtures -> Edit Personality, then select the fixture type you want to extract from the show. This loads it into the personality builder. There you can select File -> Save to Fixture Library to store the personality separately in order to use it in other shows as well.