Bug? Pre-Spool produces unexpected results for some Animation Speed/Spawn Rates

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

revenant

Bug? Pre-Spool produces unexpected results for some Animation Speed/Spawn Rates

Postby revenant » 25 Oct 2021, 10:39

Titan Go V15

I didn't spend much time trying to asses this so not sure where the problem is specifically but having a Pre-Spool value with Animation Spawn Rate set to values greater than 1 and/or Animation Speed to values less than 1 within pixel maps seems to cause the Pre-Spool effect to produce unexpected results.

Repro as follows -

1. Start new show
2. Patch 200 x Dimmers
3. Select "200x Dimmers" group
4. Create a Pixel Map Effect
5. Add a Block element to layer 1 of pixel map
6. Set Block Width parameter to 6%
7. Set Block X parameter to -5%
8. Add a Linear Movement Animation to Block element
9. Set Linear Movement Animation Speed to 0.2
9. Set Linear Movement Animation Spawn Rate to 2
10. Select Master layer of pixel map
12. Set Pre-Spool to 20 seconds
13. Click reset/restart button (button at top right of window)
14. Observe that pixel map extends over entire width but is initially rendered with what appears to be a spawn rate considerably greater than the set value of 2

Recording this down to a playback shows that the same Pre-Spool effect is being recorded and is present during playback.

Different combinations of Speed and Spawn Rate produce different results with some combination producing initial renderings that present with spawn rates that appear greater than set value, while other combinations present with spawn rates lesser than set value.
Gregory

Re: Bug? Pre-Spool produces unexpected results for some Animation Speed/Spawn Rates

Postby Gregory » 27 Oct 2021, 14:33

Thank you for reporting this. It appears that a similar bug was reported using a text element instead of a block so I have added your name and steps to the existing description.
revenant

Re: Bug? Pre-Spool produces unexpected results for some Animation Speed/Spawn Rates

Postby revenant » 28 Oct 2021, 09:13

Thanks for taking the time to look into it Gregory, I assumed it was more likely the animation parameters that were the issue but I needed to include an element to animate for the repro.