Bug? Cue list cue fade time ignores updates to attribute time palettes

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

revenant

Bug? Cue list cue fade time ignores updates to attribute time palettes

Postby revenant » 10 Oct 2021, 13:15

Titan Go V15

When updating a time palette referenced by an attribute within a cue list cue, the cue's main fade time ignores the update and remains unchanged.

Repro as follows -

1. Start new show
2. Patch 1 x Dimmer (address 1.1, user number 1) and <Exit> Patch
3. Select dimmer (1 <Enter>)
4. Set fade time of 2 seconds on dimmer attribute (<Times> @A 2 <Enter>)
5. Record time palette (<Record> <Palette> Choose empty tile from "Gobo and Beams" workspace)
6. Nudge dimmer to 100%
7. Create Cue List on a playback and touch playback to record cue 1
8. <Exit> record mode and <Clear> programmer
9. Select dimmer (1 <Enter>)
10. Set fade time of 4 seconds on dimmer attribute (<Times> @A 4 <Enter>)
11. Merge new fade time into time palette (<Record> (touch time palette) [Merge])
12. <Clear> programmer
13. <Go> Cue 1

Result - dimmer starts to fade up to 100% on a 4 second fade path but fails to complete and halts at 50%, halfway through fade, as cue fade in time retains original 2 seconds value.

Expected result - dimmer should complete fade to 100% over 4 seconds

Additional notes -

This issue can be seen for both fade in and out times.

This issue only affects cues within a cue list, recording a single cue/memory results in the dimmer completing the fade to 100% over the full 4 seconds as expected.
Gregory

Re: Bug? Cue list cue fade time ignores updates to attribute time palettes

Postby Gregory » 10 Oct 2021, 23:53

This does indeed appear to be a bug, thank you for your comprehensive steps, I have added it to our bug tracking system.

If you don't specifically need attribute times you can record cue times into a palette and when you update these the cue list appears to update correctly. The downside of this approach is that the palette will look empty and even grey out if you select fixtures (because technically it doesn't include any fixtures) so the only ways of seeing the time is to apply it (with any fixture selected) and then open the programmer Times menu. You can also see the time in the Playback View of playbacks that reference it along with the legend of the palette if you have it set to View Palettes.
revenant

Re: Bug? Cue list cue fade time ignores updates to attribute time palettes

Postby revenant » 12 Oct 2021, 08:54

Thanks Gregory, for taking the time to look into and log the bug.

I meant to add an additional note that attribute delay times from palettes are similarly affected.

I have previously used cue time palettes for some of the simpler timing needs, but I do require attribute time palettes for many of the more complex situations.