Titan Simulator + Avokey after licensing

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Titan Simulator + Avokey after licensing

Postby htevents » 06 Aug 2021, 14:27

Hello all,

Because the topics on here do not make it fully clear for me, I will ask here.

I have a programming PC to program shows, wich I later transfer to either a TT2 or a PC with a T2 dongle fixed inside a flightcase.
The current version on the programming PC is v11.x, but I want/need to upgrade to the latest version. I know I need to plugin an AvoKey or T2 dongle with internal AvoKey, to upgrade from v11x to v12 and above.

After upgrading and licensing my programming PC, do I still need to connect an AvoKey/T2 dongle every time I use the Simulator to programm the show?
icke_siegen

Re: Titan Simulator + Avokey after licensing

Postby icke_siegen » 06 Aug 2021, 15:26

In short: yes, absolutely.

The AvoKey needs to be connected - and remain connected - as long as and for the entire time you run Titan (from v12 on). It is not possible (really not) to connect the key, then start the software, and then remove the key. The software will cease to run as soon as the key is disconnected.
htevents

Re: Titan Simulator + Avokey after licensing

Postby htevents » 06 Aug 2021, 16:04

Thank you for the quick reply.

That's a pitty. I know Avolites has to protect it's IP, like they state on their website, but I would have guessed that after licensing my computer with a legit product, it could run without the dongle. Very impractical as I have read from some other members on this forum, because in my case, the dongle is going to build in a flightcase without the possibility to remove it very easily. This forces customers to make additional costs after already purchasing a (expensive) product.

In my eyes it is pretty strange that you need a key connected to run simulation software that has no hardware show functionality, because you need Titan Go to run it with hardware right?

But it is what it is, altough I hope Avolites will find/offer an alternative for this.