Playbacks that only shows when intensity in fader is non-zero

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

filip1727

Playbacks that only shows when intensity in fader is non-zero

Postby filip1727 » 12 Jul 2021, 22:42

Hello!
I have one problem that I haven’t found the solution to yet. Maybe you can give me some answers. I found a YouTube video from SLM Entertainment who has the solution I want. But they doesn’t show how they did it.

YouTube video from SLM: https://youtu.be/FE5oSVacrS8
(The YouTube video is called “Avolites Titan: Our basic busking & live operation workflow” if you rather search it than klick the link.)

How are they making the playbacks from 15:40? If you have a fader that controls the intensity of the light for the fixture. What does there playback pallette then control? I mean it can’t control the intensity and i can see the FX signs on the pallet? I guess it is something from the shape generator.

I think what is shown at 15:40 is what I want. Be able to choose different patterns that the fixtures should light up to. But the intensity should be controlled by a fader. So if the chase with pattern are started it shouldn’t show unless the fader for the intensity is non-zero.

Best regards, Filip
Last edited by filip1727 on 13 Jul 2021, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Playbacks that only shows when intensity in fader is non-zero

Postby niclights » 12 Jul 2021, 23:41

I have only watched around the 15:40 time but it looks like there are probably playback memories (single cues) in the playbacks window containing intensity effects (either shapes, key frame shapes or pixel map effects) which have size and speed masters assigned which are controlling the intensity and speed of the effects respectively. In which case calling them 'chases' is rather misleading.

Size masters in combination with intensity effects are probably what you are looking for.
filip1727

Postby filip1727 » 13 Jul 2021, 01:54

Thank you for your answer, but i have tried a size master for the intensity and that isn’t what I am looking for.

If you look at 2:38 he shows what the faders control. So even though a palette with a intensity effect is clicked. It doesn’t show on the fixture until the intensity fader is non-zero. If no palette for intensity effect is clicked it should only control the intensity of all lights.
filip1727

Postby filip1727 » 13 Jul 2021, 02:01

He also mentions that he controls the intensity with a fader at 16:00 in the video. Which isn’t a size master if you look at 2:38.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Jul 2021, 10:26

The first three faders are just memory playbacks containing intensity. This is something I always used to do when busking although now there are scale and HTP masters (groups on faders) that you may want to experiment with too.
filip1727

Postby filip1727 » 13 Jul 2021, 12:13

Yes i know! But it know seems that i have miss understood the use for those faders. I thought that his chases only showed if his fader for that group was up. But it seems like the chases show even if the fader is down. However when the fader is up it overrules the intensity from the chase!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Jul 2021, 12:43

The dimmers behave as HTP. However, shape effects work by modifying the current value. So if, for example, you have a dimmer shape active at 20% size and a playback memory with the same dimmers recorded at 100% raising this playback will result in the effect running at the level of that playback + 20%. In contrast, key frame shapes are absolute - if a dimmer key frame shape is active at full then raising a playback memory with the same dimmers will not affect the output unless the key frame shape level is reduced. Pixel map dimmer effects are just HTP.

I would recommend trying dimmer key frame shapes or pixel map effects in combination with group masters set to HTP.