Programming on multiple computers

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

NKGCrew

Programming on multiple computers

Postby NKGCrew » 13 Dec 2020, 00:33

Is it possible to program on multiple computers without licensing and then save to our server that has the license?
icke_siegen

Re: Programming on multiple computers

Postby icke_siegen » 13 Dec 2020, 14:04

Until version 11.x you can install and use Titan PC suite on multiple computers with a software licence (you need a separate licence for each machine).

From version 12 and above you need a separate AvoKey per computer to run Titan. Sharing the licence thru a server is not possible.
NKGCrew

Postby NKGCrew » 13 Dec 2020, 15:00

icke_siegen wrote:Until version 11.x you can install and use Titan PC suite on multiple computers with a software licence (you need a separate licence for each machine).

From version 12 and above you need a separate AvoKey per computer to run Titan. Sharing the licence thru a server is not possible.

Okay; just to be clear, I need a license on each PC that I’m programming on? I cannot program on one PC and copy to our PC with the license?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Dec 2020, 15:33

For versions prior to 12.0 you need a separate license for each machine but these are free.

For version 12.0 onwards you require an AvoKey. These are not tied to any specific machine so if you are only using one PC at a time you should be able to transfer the AvoKey from one PC to another.
NKGCrew

Postby NKGCrew » 13 Dec 2020, 15:36

niclights wrote:For versions prior to 12.0 you need a separate license for each machine but these are free.

For version 12.0 onwards you require an AvoKey. These are not tied to any specific machine so if you are only using one PC at a time you should be able to transfer the AvoKey from one PC to another.

Perfect! Thank you.