ArtNet and MIDI in T2?

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Albert-Nouled

ArtNet and MIDI in T2?

Postby Albert-Nouled » 22 Nov 2020, 15:44

Hi!

This september I just got a brand new USB T2 interface.

I must say that I'm a little dissapointed with what I get v.s. what I paid. If we weren't in this hard times I would definelety go for a Mobile...

Some things for exmaple:

1. MIDI mapping: why I can not map the three weels to one of the rotatory encoders in my Akai APC40 MKII? To control Intensisty, Color, Pan/Tilt etc... If I can map the faders, why not these wheels? Looks like a commercial decision, not programing related...

2. Art-Net: in DMX config window the software shows me like 12 lines like in a Mobile, but I only can use two lines. So if I want to use some ArtNet controllers for digital LED, I must desactivate one of the physical outputs. I would find nice to be able to use at least two ArtNet universes or something extra for that price...

I come from LED mapping softwares where you pay a license and you get full controll of all the amount of channels that you want, and I think that two DMX outputs and an Audio In with the featrues offered (incomeplete MIDI control), it is a little bit expensive...

Please consider adding more features to the T2 to make it more attractive,

thank you.
icke_siegen

Re: ArtNet and MIDI in T2?

Postby icke_siegen » 13 Dec 2020, 14:14

As for the MIDI support for the wheel I'd recommend putting it in the ideas section: https://www.avolites.com/ideas (available only when logged in).

The limitation to two universes is indeed a commercial decision. There will always be people asking for more, for less money. From my perspective (not employed by Avolites, but a supporter for Avo in Germany) I'd say that you'd need to understand the huge - and ongoing - efforts behind developing Titan soft- and hardware. This is only being paid for thru console sales. Don't you think that it's really worth the money? And if you run more than 2 DMX lines aren't you likely to run a larger show (okay forget Corona for a moment) which should pay a fair amount for a proper console? Just my thoughts...
Albert-Nouled

Re: ArtNet and MIDI in T2?

Postby Albert-Nouled » 08 Jan 2021, 20:18

Hi icke!

"And if you run more than 2 DMX lines aren't you likely to run a larger show (okay forget Corona for a moment) which should pay a fair amount for a proper console? Just my thoughts..." I'm just a 25 y.o. folk thats starting as lighting opreator, I come from LED mapping softwares (Madmapper, Resolume) and my aim is to provide different shows using a lot of LED custom fixtures that I build myself (low cost). So the answer is no...but... I finally I did an echonocmical effort and I went for a Mobile, thanks for your reply! Yes of course software development costs a lot, but I find that the what you get/what you pay of the lighting industry is higher thant the mapping indsutry. But Titan is totally worth, I agree.