Moving edge pixelmapper

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Moving edge pixelmapper

Postby htevents » 23 Jan 2020, 11:24

Hello all,

I have a 10 Sunstrips in vertical position next to eachother. I want to create an effect that looks like a bar moving around the edge of the grid, sort of a snake effect. I think it should be a fixed square effect, with a fade out/fade in moving over the aquare effect.

I hope you understand what I want and I hope you can help me achieve it.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Moving edge pixelmapper

Postby niclights » 23 Jan 2020, 11:50

Create a layout with all of the strips in a single horizontal line in the correct order and then apply an element with an animation running left->right.
htevents

Postby htevents » 23 Jan 2020, 13:41

Did that already, but that resulted in a zigzag "snake" over all the pixels instead of only the outside pixels of the sunstrips.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 23 Jan 2020, 16:41

Apologies. I rushed that and didn't read it properly before. There are probably a number of ways of going about this but my solution is along the lines of my first suggestion (ie. still a single horizontal line) but with a group containing just the cells involved.

There are also a number of ways of achieving this but the way I just did it to test were:

Select fixtures 1 and 10 (ie. the left and right sides of the square)
    Quick record a group
    Select fixtures 2 thru 9 and select cells 1 and 10 in the Attribute Editor window (ie. the just the top and bottom cells)
    Quick record another group
    Clear
    Select the two groups
    Quick record a third group (this is the one we will use)
    Edit the layout of the third group, rotate the left-most fixture 90° so that cell 1 is left-most and position so that cell 1 is top left corner of the grid
    While we're here rotate the right-most fixture 90° so that cell 10 is left-most
    Select all of the x.10 cells (ie. the top ones) and position them immediately after the end of the first fixture
    Move the right-most fixture so that it sits immediately after these
    Select all of the .1 cells (ie. the bottom ones)
    Toggle the context menu option to wheels rotate selection and rotate 180° so that the right-most fixture is left-most (can't think of a way to explain that so it doesn't sound like nonsense)
    Position these at the end
    Tidy up the grid size so that it fits exactly (ie. 1cell high x 100 wide)

If the fixture user numbers were 1 thru 10 and cell 1 is at the bottom the order running left-right should be 1.1 thru 1.10, 2.10 thru 9.10, 10.10 thru 10.1, 9.1 thru 2.1.

Now you can run the a linear animation from left-right (or right-left) on a block element and it will go snake around the edge of the fixtures. You may find it useful leave gaps in the layout between the parts representing the top and bottom bits otherwise it might appear as if it's racing across the horizontal sections.
htevents

Postby htevents » 24 Jan 2020, 19:21

Thank you Nic for your help, it's a pity that it can't be done easier, but if it works, it works.
sideshowbond

Postby sideshowbond » 02 Feb 2020, 22:48

quite some way to go but I'd imagine you could do this with a pixel map. Nowhere near a console right now but possibly you need 4 elements for the 4 edges of your square with a movement offset to each other.