V10 question: hold cue in cue list

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

V10 question: hold cue in cue list

Postby htevents » 06 Apr 2019, 09:48

Hello, could not find the anser, so asking it here now.

I want to have a cue list (to control it by time code) and want a dimmer shape cue running until I want it to end, but certain cue's have to run between the start and end of the dimmer shape.

Situation: A sound track is playing. From the start a dimmer shape should run for 50 seconds, between the start and that 50 seconds, some dimmer flashes and position cue's on other fixtures should be fired by other cue's.

And is it possible to have a cue flash (for a blinder effect) and then wait ("in dark") until the next cue is fired?

How do I do this?
Gregory

Re: V10 question: hold cue in cue list

Postby Gregory » 06 Apr 2019, 10:46

As you are on v10 you could record the shape into the first cue and allow it to track through any intermediate cues. Whatever version you are running another approach is to have separate cue lists all controlled by timecode simultaneously. That way the shape can be in its own cue list with just an on and an off cue and then another cue list(s) with the flashes.
htevents

Postby htevents » 06 Apr 2019, 12:59

Thank your Gregory for your fast response. Option 2 sounds the best for me.

Aditional question: how can I create flashes in a cue list. The times are as following:

- At 9 seconds, a flash has to fire with a duration of 0,100 seconds (so cue ends at 9.1 seconds)
- At 9.5 seconds, another flash has to fire, again with a duration of 0,100 seconds (so cue ends at 9.6 seconds)
- Etc.

Also, the flash cue's should have fade times. Some flashes have a duration of 1 second. In that second, the cue fires and fades out in that 1 second. I don't want the next cue to have already started before the previous cue fades out.

This means that there is time between the cue's where there should be no info. Do I have to create "empty" cue''s in between them or is there another (easier) way to do this?

I also face another problem. I tried to enter the time code times manually. I can set the first cue to fire at 9 seconds and the second cue to fire at 9.1 seconds (01.00.09.00 and 01.00.09.10), but the third cue should start at 9.5 seconds, but when I try to type 01.00.09.50, it jumps to 01.00.11.00. What am I doing wrong?
htevents

Postby htevents » 08 Apr 2019, 13:01

Anyone? Show has to be finished this week and I am stuck.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 08 Apr 2019, 14:29

I'm not convinced about all the timing settings and how they work at the moment but some solutions (or things that get you closer):

- For flash duration you can use link with previous and link offset on the 'off' cue where the link offset sets the flash duration. For example cue 1 = intensity @ full, cue 2 = intensity @ 0. Cue 1 = delay in 0, fade in 0, delay out and fade out as in. link wait for go. Cue 2 = delay in 0, fade in 0, delay out 0, fade out 0, link with previous, link offset 0.1s. Go cue 1 = 0.1 sec @ full then off. Personally I think this should also work by setting a delay out in cue 2 but it doesn't...
- For fade in as well you can put the fade in time in the 'on' cue (ie. cue 1 in the example above) but will also need to add this to the link offset. So if fade in is 1sec then for a 0.1 sec hold at full before snap off you would need link offset 1.1s in cue 2.
- For fade out you can set this in the 'off' cue (ie. cue 2 in the example above). This does not impact the in or hold times.

Timecode is hours:minutes:seconds:frames. Frames are dependent on the timecode source frame rate. If you try to enter a frame value that is not within the bounds it will convert it to seconds:frames. If you had a timecode source with frame rate of 44 fps then 0.5 sec would be frame 22. The trigger should be on the 'on' cue (ie. cue 1 above). Note that you can select the timecode framerate by setting timecode source to MIDI or SMPTE and then toggle softkey G when setting the times.

(I have only tested this in v11 but it should all be the same in 10)
htevents

Postby htevents » 08 Apr 2019, 16:40

Thank you Nic,

I did come a little closer to what I want. I have 41 flash moments in the cuelist, so 82 cue's. Cue On (led par flash) and Cue Off (led par dim @zero), all 41 times.

I do want the following (times are correct now that I know the last value are the frames and I have a range of 24 frames):
- Cue 1 (On): led par flash for 0.1 seconds at 1:00:09:00 and they should fade out in 0.1 seconds
- Cue 2 (Off): this should dim the led pars
- Cue 3 (On): led par flash for 0.1 seconds at 01:00:09:12 and they should fade out in 0.1 seconds
- Cue 4 (Off): this should dim the led pars
And so on.

What values do I have to enter and what settings to change for the cuelist options (do I have to release cue's between playbacks or not), what times do I have to use, etc?

Something strange is happening: When selecting the timecode field within the cue list, I see a fps of 100fps, but the range in the timecode field is only 24 frames. I can type 01:00:00:24, but when typing 01:00:00:25, it jumps to 01:00:01:00

Thanks for your help in advance.