Reading/Follow BPM and change cues

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

viktor92

Reading/Follow BPM and change cues

Postby viktor92 » 13 Sep 2018, 12:16

Hello everyone,

I am using Titan One dongle which receives time code from Winamp. I know how to set up manually time code on each cue. I would like to know is there any possible way titan one to be able to "read/ follow" the BPM from Winamp, to follow the music and change the cues. To make sound and lights to be synchronized.

Many thanks in advance,
Viktor.
Gregory

Re: Reading/Follow BPM and change cues

Postby Gregory » 13 Sep 2018, 16:41

I'm not sure that Winamp calculates the current BPM nor the edge/trigger point of the beats. The Visualization plug-ins might calculate this sort of thing but more likely they will just respond to certain frequencies changes either way this is not part of the API to retrieve this information.

It is possible to record the timecode values each time you press Go on a cue list by turning on the Record Timecode option.
viktor92

Postby viktor92 » 14 Sep 2018, 07:32

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please give me a link to that plugin what you think will works? If Winamp is not able to read the BPM can you suggest some other player while playing will follow the beat? No need to be very professional.

Many thanks in advance,
Viktor.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 14 Sep 2018, 10:53

I was referring to the Visualization plug-ins such as Milkdrop which generates animated imagery synchronized to the music that is playing however this does not pass back data to the main Winamp application or Titan.

A possible alternative might be the software from TC Supply which works with Pioneer DJ systems to detect and feedback BPM data to consoles, Titan has support for this although I'm not sure this has been tested with recent versions.