Need help Bumps and Effects

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Need help Bumps and Effects

Postby htevents » 10 Sep 2018, 14:16

Dear all,

I cannot find an answer on this forum (yet) that was the solution to my wishes.
I would like to know how to programm the following things:

Colour bump (over the init colour): I want a colour bump with playback 1 as my odd master and playback 2 as my even master. So when I choose the colour bump (let's say white), when I press the flashkey of playback 1, the odd fixtures (or playback 2 for the even fixtures) will turn white.
When I release the flashkey or lower the fader to zero, the colour should go back to what it was (lets say red). The same for playback 2 (the even fixtures). But because playback 1 and 2 should be masters, I want to make a red bump, green bump, blue bump, etc. but all triggerd from playback 1 (odd) and playback 2 (even). I hope you can imagine what I want. I think it I can make it work with a Macro, but I don't know how and how to command the macro to always be mastered by playback 1 and 2.

The next thing I want is: the same as above, but with a random "strobe" effect. So when I press the flashkey of the playback (it should always be the same playback, like a master), It will do a random strobe with the selected colour. So when a fixture is not strobing for a sec, the colour is like the init colour (the fixture only flashes white randomly, but the "background colour" should stay in the state it was in, before activating the playback).

The last thing I want to know for now is: when do I know when the macro is loaded completely in Titan One (on the Tiger Touch, the "Blind" button lights up when loading and is then off when it's loaded)?

I really hope you can help me. Oh and is something like this also possible (or something close) whit a Pearl 2008?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Need help Bumps and Effects

Postby niclights » 10 Sep 2018, 15:51

You can acieve the variable bump using pixel map effects and pixel map layer master. Example with palettes:

- Make a group of the odd fixtures if one does not already exist, select the group and create a pixel map effect on layer 1 where there is an element that fully covers all of the fixtures (you can turn on grid overlay in the effect view context menu to help visualise if required). Select layer 1, turn on 'Use Master' and then record to playback fader 1 by channel
- Clear
- Repeat for even fixtures
- Record a pixel map layer 1 master somewhere (if using quick palettes you will only need access to this while making the palettes)
- Select the fixtures and record some colour palettes - these will be the main background colour (if you want the ability to select colour palettes without selecting fixtures these need to be shared or normal - ie. not global)
- Clear, select the pixel map layer 1 master and record some more colour palettes - these will be the 'bump' colour (again, it is important these are shared or normal rather than global)
- Clear, select the fixtures, set dimmer @ full and record to playback fader 3 by channel
- Clear
- Fire playback 3
- Select one of the fixture colour palettes to change the main background colour
- Select one of the pixel map layer 1 master colour palettes to set a bump colour
- Flash or lift playback fader 1/2

= momentarily changes odd/even fixtures to bump colour.

If required you could separate out the odd/even bump colours by using two pixel map layer masters and creating the odd effect on layer 1 and the even effect on layer 2.

For a strobe you can follow much the same process but with an animating element in the pixel map - try experimenting with this.

I'm not aware of any indicators that show the progress of a macro at the moment (other than the actions of the macro itself)

I can't think of any way to achieve this sort of effect in the Classic software.
htevents

Postby htevents » 11 Sep 2018, 09:28

Hello Niclights,

You are the best. Well, I had a gig with my band and the desk was already programmed by the lightguy from the rental company and he had these bump effects by macro. I think due to the fact he can have just the shared colour palettes work over all the fixtures, but I think the macro is just loading a hidden memory in to the playbacks. Will there be a risk that the palettes for my "background" colours, will affect the bump colour because I record in Shared?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Sep 2018, 09:48

No. Shared is only across a particular fixture type.
htevents

Postby htevents » 13 Sep 2018, 11:45

I run in to a problem now: I have to activate/raise the layer master to get the bump activated, but I don't want to use one of the 10 playback fader handles to get the Pixel Map layer master.

Can I program the layer master on a different handle so I can use my 10 playback handles (using Titan One PC) for other functions?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Sep 2018, 12:35

I''m sure I didn't need to do this when I tested but you could set the pixel map layer master dimmer to full and merge it into your bump playbacks. Or you could freeze it at full. Or, if you want the ability to turn it on or off, you could record it at full in the playbacks window where the default key action is to latch (so touch = on = full, touch again = off = zero).
htevents

Postby htevents » 13 Sep 2018, 13:03

I like the last option the best, but how do I record a layer master at full to a playback button in the playback window?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 13 Sep 2018, 14:43

Make sure the programmer is empty by pressing clear then select the pixel map layer master, set dimmer to 100% (@@ is probably the quickest way), open the playbacks window if it isn't already, RECORD, set record mode to channel with softkey A if it isn't already then select an empty handle in the playbacks window to record and finally press clear to empty the programmer again.