Fixtures not showing up in internal visualiser

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

mlharding

Fixtures not showing up in internal visualiser

Postby mlharding » 31 Jul 2018, 04:07

I have an existing show for our venue that I have been using for a while now. I have recently tried to utilize the capture visualiser to help prepare the shows each week. The problem is only 12 fixtures appear in the capture visualiser window. I have 23 others that won't show up, despite trying all of the suggestions I have found on the forums. I've updated all of the personalities for the fixtures, I've wiped the show in the visualiser settings and patching a new fixture, and I have tried doing a fixture exchange. The 12 fixtures which do show up were just recently added to the rig (end of May).

As far as I can tell all of the lights have capture files in their personalities, but the list of fixtures which won't patch are as follows:
Chauvet Ovation E-190WW
Chauvet Rogue R2 Spot
Chauvet QWash 560Z LED
Chauvet ColoRADO Batten 72
Chauvet SlimPAR Pro RGBA
Chauvet SlimPar Quad 12 IRC
ADJ Mega Par Profile
ADJ Mega Par Profile Plus

The fixtures that appear are:
ADJ COB Cannon Wash
Chauvet SlimPAR Q12 USB

Any help is appreciated. I would really prefer not having to remake this show from scratch, I have a lot of shapes, palettes, and other tools already built and don't have the time to rebuild these.

Thanks,

Matt
icke_siegen

Re: Fixtures not showing up in internal visualiser

Postby icke_siegen » 31 Jul 2018, 08:12

all of the suggestions I have found on the forums
- what exactly have you tried?

I'd suggest to test this in a new show - save the show you are working on, start a new one, and patch some fixtures of the tpes you need.
- if they appear in the internal capture then you need to do something in your current show - most likely 'patch/edit fixtures/update personality'. If this doesn't help then you might need to wipe the Capture Show and patch one more fixture - this will re-init the capture patch.
- if they do NOT appear in your virgin test show then there is something wrong with your installation. Have you loaded the full personalities - including Capture - when updating lately?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2018, 08:42

Sebastian - Matt did explain above that he has updated the personalities, tried wiping the theatre, patch new fixture and exchange.

I made some changes to the Chauvet Q-Wash 560Z-LED and SlimPAR QUAD 12 IRC names which could cause issues but in the majority of the others the Capture links were added via an automatic process and have not been edited since. I have tested them all and, as far as I can see, they all appear in the integrated Capture visualiser automatically when set to auto-update and seem to simulate as expected.

I think it is very unlikely to be a library issue as, given the age of many of these, they should work with any version that included Capture files (or, to put it another way, if anything appears in the integrated Capture).

If, for whatever reason, you cannot get these to work one option might be to start a new show with the sole purpose of creating the Capture file - new show, patch all fixtures to correct addresses etc., orient and position as required. Then you have two options - either save the Capture theatre and load it into your existing show. Or import everything into the new show. Obviously the latter will be more involved, particularly as you cannot currently import things like workspace shortcuts. The disadvantage of the first option is you will most likely lose the ability to adjust the position/orientation of fixtures in the theatre and the fixture selection highlight.
mlharding

Postby mlharding » 31 Jul 2018, 14:43

I appreciate both of the quick replies. As soon as I get home from work, I will try creating a show from scratch to verify that my personality files are not the issue. If I understood correctly, if it doesn't work in this situation then my only real option is to uninstall and reinstall titan and try again.

If it does work I will weigh out the pros and cons with my team, and select one of the more "extreme" options to move forward with. I'll provide an update in 6- 8 hours.

Thanks,

Matt
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 31 Jul 2018, 15:17

I think it's highly unlikely there is an issue with your personalities - in this particular case I am reasonably confident if it works with some it should work with all. I doubt there is any need to reinstall or that it would make any difference. If you haven't already done so already one thing you could do is to check the version of the personalities after they have been updated. To do this press OPEN/VIEW and select one of the fixture handles or press the VIEW button next to the personlities in Patch View. This will open the Fixture View window. In the Fixture View window select the 'Personality' tab to reveal the history.

At the time of writing the last entry is currently dated as follows:

Chauvet Ovation E-190WW (25-05-26 - required for Capture)
Chauvet Rogue R2 Spot (24-05-18. Needs to be at least 25-05-16 for Capture)
Chauvet QWash 560Z LED (11-10-17. Needs to be at least 25-05-16 for Capture)
Chauvet ColoRADO Batten 72 (25-10-17. Needs to be at least 21-08-16 for all modes in Capture and at least 25-05-16 for all modes in Capture except Arc1, 3 DMX)
Chauvet SlimPAR Pro RGBA (25-05-16 - required for Capture)
Chauvet SlimPar Quad 12 IRC (04-10-17. Needs to be at least 25-05-16 for Capture)
ADJ Mega Par Profile (25-05-16 - required for Capture)
ADJ Mega Par Profile Plus (25-05-16 - required for Capture)

This all assumes you have not edited the personalities yourself. If you have then this might cause problems with the update.
mlharding

Postby mlharding » 01 Aug 2018, 03:21

So I verified that all of the personalities are up to date, and exceed the versions you listed in you last reply. I created a new show from scratch with a clean patch with no issues, and exported the stage to my existing show. It behaved exactly as you suggested it would; I can highlight/locate fixtures and use premade playbacks, but I cannot change any of the position information on the moving head fixtures.

Is it possible to export palettes, shapes, chases, and/or playbacks from one show into another (these are the most critical resources that I need to preserve)? Would the fader and executor button assignments be preserved? If that's possible I am tempted to just move forward with the clean show and bring over what I need. I can rebuild most of the workspaces in a couple of hours, if necessary.

Thanks for all of the help in resolving this, so far.

Matt
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Aug 2018, 09:54

You can import all the things you mention but the handle locations are not preserved. You can either choose the destination handles when you import or use the [Quick Assign] option and then move them as required (latching the move function can be helpful here). I would say just to try it and see - it won't do any harm. If you have two monitors you could perhaps use Windows snipping tool to take a screenshot of the layout in the current show and use that to help when assigning.
mlharding

Postby mlharding » 01 Aug 2018, 17:58

Thank you for the help and advice. It is very much appreciated.

Matt