Change 1 attribute on all CUEs in a CUELIST

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Johanvh

Change 1 attribute on all CUEs in a CUELIST

Postby Johanvh » 01 Mar 2018, 08:45

Hi,

I made a mistake by including the color attribute in almost all recordings (cues) of a cuelist.
Is it possible to rectify this easily in general?
Gregory

Re: Change 1 attribute on all CUEs in a CUELIST

Postby Gregory » 01 Mar 2018, 09:45

If the cue list is set to track and the colour was only changed once then you only need to update the first cue it changed in and all tracked cues will update to match. You can do this by turning the values Off or replacing the first cue with one that does not contain the colour values.

Alternatively to remove from multiple cues, select the fixtures in the programmer, press the Off button set the mask to Colour and turn all those channels off (this should be visible on the wheels). Press Connect/Cue followed by the cue list and then press Update Connect/Cue 1 Through 100 Enter (the exact cue numbers do not matter provided they cover all the cues you want to update).
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 01 Mar 2018, 10:59

Hi Gregory,

Thanks for your answer. The colour is included in multiple cues so I have to use the second option.
I tried to follow your instructions but could not succeed.
I don't have a console but use Titan One, maybe this makes some difference?

What I did:
1/ Pressed Clear and Exit to clear the programmer
2/ Selected the fixtures
3/ Pressed 'Off' button
4/ Pressed the attribute C above the wheels -> Under the virtual softkey C appears: Attributes Off --C----- (I believe this proof the color attribute is off
So far, so good but unfortunately I don't find a button 'Connect/Cue' so honestly I don't know how to continue.

The cuelist is stored in the Playback window. I found the option 'Off Playback values' in step 4/.
When I press this (after step 4) I can select a playback but when I select my cuelist I have to give a step number or CUE number. It seems it's not possible to change all cues in one time.

I copied the touch playback Cuelist (Cuelist only contains cues with pan/tilt movements by shapes and colours which I want to remove) to a virtual playback handle but than the shape movements don't work anymore. How can this be explained? I thought the only difference between a touch playback button and a playback handle (virtual fader) was the control 0 to 100% of the dimmer/intensity channel.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2018, 11:31

After step 4 make sure you select softkey C to set the attributes to OFF (as Gregory mentioned this will be confirmed in the wheel display)
Then press the Update button followed by the Cue button (this is called Connect on some consoles) then 1 THRO 100 <enter>

Regarding shapes in cue lists on playback window handles I can't think of a reason at the moment. It works ok when I test. If you continue to have problems with this I suggest you create a new thread - lots of issues in a single thread are confusing.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 01 Mar 2018, 12:04

Hmmm, this seems not to work...

Let's try to explain my situation:
4 scanners with among others color attribute and pan/tilt
Created a cue list with movements (pan/tilt changes) by shapes
Made a chase with channel recording on the colour channel
Made some other cues. Each cue has 1 fix colour

While the cue list for the movements run, I fire the chase for the colours and this works.
When I fire a cue to have a fix colour it works during the cue played in the cue list but when the next cue is played the color goes to open/white.

I had a look in the cues in the cuelist but there is no color channel recorded... Initially I thought that occured the problem but there is no color channel recorded
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2018, 15:47

This will be because there is colour information in the cues in the cuelist, probably because it is being tracked from a previous cue.

However, it looks like there is a fault when merging off with tracking where it doesn't track the off values correctly. You can work around this by temporarily turning off tracking in playback options for the cue list before updating all the cues with colour off as described above. You can then turn tracking back on if required.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 01 Mar 2018, 19:31

Tracking is disabled in the playback view of the cuelist.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2018, 19:56

I think it might be easier if you send me your showfile and I will take a look.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 01 Mar 2018, 20:17

What is your email address please?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2018, 20:45

nick <dot> morris <at> avolites <dot> com
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Mar 2018, 22:28

In case it helps anyone else I will repeat what I have written in email.

The cues did contain colour as suspected. Cue View was filtered to show only intensity which might have caused confusion.

The update was failing for two reasons. Firstly the record mode was set to stage which meant nothing was being updated as the intensities were at zero. Secondly, while tracking was set to off on the playback some of the cues were overriding this.