CUE Priority playback problem

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Johanvh

CUE Priority playback problem

Postby Johanvh » 20 Feb 2018, 08:05

In my show I have 3 handles, each has one cue.
Cue 1 = backlight = intensity channel of 4 dimmers
Cue 2 = chase = intensity chase (for example to 100 % with the faders)
Cue 3 = backlight fix set to 20 %

My intension is to have Cue 3 prior to Cue 1 and Cue 2 but Cue 2 overwrites Cue3.

In the Cue options I've set Cue 1 and Cue 2 to priority 'low' and Cue 3 to 'very high'. Restarted Titan One but it always works the same.
niclights
The eManual

Re: CUE Priority playback problem

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 09:48

If they all just contain dimmers then currently the one with the highest level will always take precedence (HTP). I don't really understand what you are trying to do but perhaps there is another way of achieving it.
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 20 Feb 2018, 10:34

I don't know what exactly you want. But just try this if you made Cue 2 by dimmer shape generator.

Cue 1,2 : Normal Priority

Cue 3 : High Priority and ..
1) Edit Times > Mode 3
2) Include Cue 3 > Shapes And Effects > Shape Generator > Create > Dimmer > Block I Shape > Record To Cue 3 with Merge
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 20 Feb 2018, 11:31

Nic,
Kimwida,

CUE 1 contains a recording (channel mode) of intensity for 4 channels
CUE 2 -> In fact this is a CHASE with several CUEs to make a chasing effect on the 4 intensity channels
CUE 3 -> I recorded in Stage mode and the 4 intensity channels have all a 20% output

CUE 1 and CUE 2 are set to priority low and CUE3 is set to very high

What I want is: if CUE 1 and CUE2 are running and I start CUE3 that CUE3 takes presidence so the 4 channels may not run the chase from CUE2 anymore but must be on 20 % dimming.

I hope this clarifies a bit more the situation and my request.
I tried to leave a copy of the show as attachement but d4z extensions are not allowed.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 12:25

Unfortunately this is not possible at the moment as dimmer channels are HTP. Hopefully LTP dimmers will be something that is possible in a future version. In the meantime perhaps there is another solution? Kimwida's idea will work for cue 3 overriding cue 2 (ie. if cue 2 is a dimmer shape instead of chase and cue 3 blocks the dimmer shape) but it won't override cue 1. Another option might be to set cue 3 to mode 3. This will crossfade out all other intensities from active playbacks with the same priority or lower. Or maybe have cue 1 and cue 3 combined in a cuelist where you switch between 100% and 20% intensity by pressing go?
kimwida

Postby kimwida » 20 Feb 2018, 13:18

Yes, Nic is right.
Cue 3 can't override cue 1. Cue 3 only override cue 1 when cue 3 is 100%. I only tested it with cue 3 100%. Sorry.

If cue 3 is recorded on playback button, not on a fader.
1) Try to record cue 2 again by dimmer shape generator or keyframe shape.
2) Record cue 3 in channel mode with 20% intensity.
3) Cue 3 : High Priority and ..
4) Edit Times > Mode 3
5) Include Cue 3 > Shapes And Effects > Shape Generator > Create > Dimmer > Block I Shape > Record To Cue 3 with Merge
6) Set cue 3 fade time you want.

And try to find out Titan way not your brain way. It take a lot of time for me to get it.
When I get to trouble, now I try to solve the problem in the way the titan can do.
I hope you understand me because english is not my first language.

And I always try to use dimmer shape generator or key frame shape when I have to use dimmer chase.
And I use only channel mode not two more mode.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 14:08

If you use mode 3 then it should override dimmer chase or dimmer shape but you have to consider how that affects any other intensities. If these are the only fixtures then it will be fine but if there are others then the other playbacks need to be set to higher priority.

I tend to agree about using shapes here though. There are advantages to chases, particularly the ability to adjust crossfade live in busking scenarios (typically between snap or full crossfade). But shapes have the advantage of smoothly overlapping fades with spreads in a way that you could never program with chases and there is now a fairly comprehensive set of options for controlling speed (ie. tap tempo, speed master or connect to live). My preference with dimmer shapes would be key frame because 'normal' shapes require an origin of 50% and size 50% to get a smooth, full range effect and therefore don't always transition nicely when fading out the shape.