Swop function

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Johanvh

Re: Swop function

Postby Johanvh » 20 Feb 2018, 20:02

I've read the manual and as far as I understood a 'pallet' is just a button which can be a color, a position, a gobo but also a combination of let's say color + gobo.
So I thought a playback button is also a pallet...
Anyway I was able to have different functions (flash & latch) for different playback buttons in the playback window.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Swop function

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 20:34

Playbacks can contain cues (sometimes called 'memory'), chases or cue lists.

Palettes are a bit like cues but have different properties and are used in different ways.

The original and primary use of palettes is in structured programming where, instead of recording absolute values in cues you record palette 'references'. The most common example is for moving fixture positions when pre-programming and/or when adapting shows to different venues. In advance you could create positional palettes where all the fixtures point to the center vocal, stage right guitar, stage left bass, keys and kit. You would then create all your cues based on these, for example fixture 1 at center vocal palette, fixture 2 at kit etc. Then when you arrive at the venue you just update the palettes and all your cues automatically follow. In shows with large numbers of cues this saves a huge amount of time. The majority of professional lighting consoles have the same function.

The other use is in busking' scenarios where you can filter palettes by selection and apply with live timing (for example you could select an even spot group, type 4 and apply a blue colour palette which would cause all the even spots to fade to blue over 4 seconds). This is far more flexible than cues where the fixtures and timing are preset.