Swop function

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Johanvh

Swop function

Postby Johanvh » 11 Feb 2018, 16:26

As a newbie I have a lot to learn. I am wondering if the SWOP buttons works on my Avolites One software as supposed.
I think a handle and the flash/swop buttons should work as follow:
- Handle gives 0 to 100 % to an action
- Flash button gives only 100 % as long as you press the button
- Swop button toggles between 0 % and 100 % (if state = 0%, you press once Swop it goes to 100 % and vice versa).

Strange thing is that the Swop button works exactly the same as the flash button. I have to press it.
Is there any setting needed or do I misunderstand the behave it works?

What I try to do is link a fog machine (used dimmer). With a button action I want to output the fog to 100 %, when I depress, it should go to 0%
In the future I'm looking to link this to a timer: let's say every 3 minutes, 5 seconds smoke output. How is this possible within Avolites One?

Thanks in advance!
niclights
The eManual

Re: Swop function

Postby niclights » 11 Feb 2018, 16:41

Swop means solo. The behaviour you are describing is latch. You can change the behaviour of the buttons via key profiles.

For a timed hold you could create a cue list with two cues where cue 1 = 100% fog, cue 2 = 0% fog. Then set cue 2 to link with previous and a link offset equivalent to the hold time. When you press go on the cue list it will set fog to 100%, hold for the link offset duration then snap off and wait for you to press go again.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 11 Feb 2018, 18:45

Hi niclights, many thanks for your reply. Believe it or not; looking already more than one hour to change the button behaviour.
I found in the 'Show Library' pallet the tab 'Key profiles'. Under this tab there are 3 different, let's call it MODE buttons 'Run / Program / Theatre'. Furthermore each Mode has the black, blue and grey button but I can't change anything there. There is a 'special sign' with 'Latch' but no idea how to enable this. I had a look in the manual (316 pages) but nothing explained for this key profiles. Thanks for your help!!!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Feb 2018, 19:00

You can find information about key profiles in section 15.3 of the manual.

One way to do it is hold shift (right-click the AVO button on PC) and select the [Edit Key Profile] softkey. If you are currently using one of the locked factory key profiles press the [Add] softkey to create a new one (give it a name if you want). Then press one of the buttons that you want to change - for example the blue key on a playback containing a cue. This will take you straight to the options for blue keys on playbacks containing static cues. Select the [Latch] softkey.

That's it. You now have a new key profile where the blue keys for playbacks with static cues has a latch action and the new profile is automatically active.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 11 Feb 2018, 20:12

Hi, I finally got it worked. Because the Operator user is not editable I had to make a new user. With this new user I'm not able now to select the fixtures from the group palette. When I switch over again to the operator user it works but with my 'new user profile', it does not work. Any idea why?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Feb 2018, 20:19

Maybe you changed the button action for groups?
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 11 Feb 2018, 20:25

Could be by mistake but no idea how I did. Seems all not so easy... Pfff, a lot to learn, that's clear!
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 11 Feb 2018, 21:02

It sounds like you might have created a new user instead of just a new key profile. 'Operator' is a user and contains everything to do with user settings. You do not need to change this. Try going back to the 'Operator' user and then follow my instructions for creating and editing a new key profile.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 11 Feb 2018, 21:33

Many thanks for your support, patience and time! I really appreciate.
Indeed, I made a new user. Followed your instructions and all works now!
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 20 Feb 2018, 07:34

One more question about the swop/latch/flash function.
Is it possible to have different buttons defined in 1 pallet?
I want to use the playback pallet with button 1 as strobo effect (should be flash) and button 2 to enable/disable a fixture (latch).
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 09:42

Yes (although I don't think you mean palette!). Assuming you mean a playback on a fader then just follow my instructions above where you press the button and choose the action.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 20 Feb 2018, 11:36

The terminology confuses me.
Please correct me if I'm wrong:
A handle is a virtual fader (below in the software)
A pallette is something like this:
Print40creen 2018-02-20 12.30.40.jpg
Print40creen 2018-02-20 12.30.40.jpg (17.38 KiB) Viewed 10288 times

So I want different functions (Swop / Latch / Flash) for different buttons in for example the playback palette.
Is this possible. I know it's possible for handles but is is also possible to set it for each button individually?

Let's say 'Slows' works as Latch while 'Strobo' works as Flash
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 12:16

Those are playbacks (exactly the same as the playback faders but without the fader).

You can set button actions specific to playbacks by defining the action in a key profile (for example key profile 1 = cue->touch->flash and key profile 2 = cue->touch>latch) and then assign the required key profile to the playback in playback options.

The key profile concept is very powerful in that it allows you to quickly change the button actions across many playbacks live (for example all your chases could be tap tempo on the blue key and then you could switch them all to be swop). But it is recognised that when you just want to set the action for an individual playback this can seem like an unnecessary amount of work and is less intuitive. Hopefully it will be possible to make this easier in the future.
Johanvh

Postby Johanvh » 20 Feb 2018, 17:54

I made 2 key profiles. Profile 1 sets the palettes in the playback window as flash, Profile 2 sets the palettes as latch.
How can I use a mixture of both profiles?
As I explained: in the playback window: 1 button/palette should work as flash, while another button/palette should work as latch
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 20 Feb 2018, 18:34

As I mentioned above you can set the key profile for a playback via playback options (these are not palettes).