Colour snap / keyframe shape

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

DJH

Colour snap / keyframe shape

Postby DJH » 04 Feb 2018, 20:46

Ok, next problem to find a solution for please.....

I have a 2 step Key frame shape which contains 4 COB Canons slowly fading colours between them using an offset.

The playback has a 10 second fade in, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to snap the colour, so that when the cue/keyframe shape starts, it immedediately snaps to the first colour, not taking 10 seconds, so during the 10 second dimmer fadeup, the colour is correct from the start.

With a normal (non keyframe shape) playback, I use the 'Single Attribute Times" (10 seconds for Dimmer and 0 for all the colours), which does the job perfectly. As soon as the playback is fired, the dimmer takes 10 seconds and the colour snaps straight away and immediately shows the correct colour fading up.

How do I do this for a playback with a keyframe shape in ?

Many Thanks,

H.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Colour snap / keyframe shape

Postby niclights » 04 Feb 2018, 21:50

Make sure the global fade time for the playback is set to zero and then set dimmer to 10sec.
DJH

Postby DJH » 05 Feb 2018, 18:46

Hi Nic,

Yep - that's one of the first things I tried :mrgreen: .... Also :-

Global fade time for the playback @ 10 seconds = Fade time works correctly, colour also takes 10 seconds to fade in (as designed).
Global fade time for the playback @ 0 seconds and Attribute Group Time @ 10 seconds = snap fade of 0 seconds (Ignores Attribute Group Time).
Global fade time for the playback @ 0 seconds and Attribute Group Time @ 0 seconds and Single Attribute Time @ 10 Seconds for Dimmer fade in = Snape fade of 0 seconds.
Global fade time for the playback @ 0 seconds and Attribute Group Time @ Global and Single Attribute Time @ 10 Seconds for Dimmer fade in = Snape fade of 0 seconds.
Global fade time for the playback @ Global and Attribute group time @ Global and Single Attribute Time @ 10 Seconds for Dimmer fade in = Snape fade of 0 seconds.

Is there anything else I can check or I'm missing ?

Cheers,

H.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 05 Feb 2018, 19:00

I'm not sure. It works for me in 10.1.

Here are my steps:

- New show
- Patch 10x Generic, Par 64 LED, RGB 8bit, 3 DMX with preset palettes on workpaces
- Capture (to visualise)
- Select fixtures, @@, [Shapes and Effects], [Key Frame Shape], [Create], <select fixtures>, <apply red palette>, [Add Frame], <apply blue palette>, [Add Frame], [Finish Recording Frames]
- Set spread to 10 and record to a playback fader by channel
- Clear
- [Edit Times]/<select playback>
- [Attribute Group Times]
- Select all dimmer fade cells (use column headers to select/deselect all)
- Input 10
- Lift playback fader
- Select white palette (to check colours are snapping ok)

= red/blue colour wave starts immediately as intensity fades in over 10 sec.
DJH

Postby DJH » 05 Feb 2018, 22:20

Thanks Nic,

Will try tomorrow eve :D .

Cheers,

H.
DJH

Postby DJH » 07 Feb 2018, 09:06

Hi Nic,

So, after looking at the playback last night, I still couldn't track the problem down.

I can only sumise that I was tired and did something silly on that individual one that I can't track down.
I deleted it and re-created it and all is good. I had only used the playback once until the problem was resolved, so it wasm't much work.

I'll use your repro steps in future for this type of effect so I don't do anything wrong :D

As always, thanks for the help !

Still learning !

H.