Shape Generator Issues

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

pjbird

Shape Generator Issues

Postby pjbird » 01 Feb 2018, 14:51

Hi,

I'm having a few issues with TitanOne and Shape generator. I cannot replicate this issue on any console or any other PC - so I am well aware that it is probably my PC but am unsure how to resolve.

The issue being - shapes from shape generator simply will not run.
I have tried using T1 Simulator and also a T1 dongle, both internal Capture Vis, External Capture and also a Swisson DMX tester on the output of T1.
I have full control over all channels and attributes, can see values changing internally (DMX View) and also get an output from the T1 dongle.
Implementing a simple Dim Spread or even a Circle has no effect to any output whatso ever.

Being the fact I have uninstalled and reinstalled 10.1 (Now multiple times) I'm not really sure where else to go.
I'm using a Razor Blade (2017) so laptop specs are not an issue. Capture runs fine attached to a console with the same show.

Any suggestions are most welcome!

Many thanks,
niclights
The eManual

Re: Shape Generator Issues

Postby niclights » 01 Feb 2018, 16:06

I wonder if the shapefile is missing for some reason. Try downloading and installing the latest personality library and see if that fixes it.
pjbird

Postby pjbird » 01 Feb 2018, 16:09

niclights wrote:I wonder if the shapefile is missing for some reason. Try downloading and installing the latest personality library and see if that fixes it.

Thanks for the reply. Have tried uninstalling completely (using revo uninstaller, to remove EVERYTHING).. Reinstalling from a fresh, updating from personalities.avolites.com and still the same situation.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 01 Feb 2018, 16:45

Quick test to try and narrow things down:

(In Titan)
- New show
- Patch 10x dimmers
- Open Capture window
- Select dimmers, [Shapes And Effects], [Shape Generator], [Create], [Dimmer], [Dimmer Spread]

= expected result all dimmers fade in and out repeatedly in the integrated Capture. Does this happen?
pjbird

Postby pjbird » 01 Feb 2018, 16:50

niclights wrote:Quick test to try and narrow things down:

(In Titan)
- New show
- Patch 10x dimmers
- Open Capture window
- Select dimmers, [Shapes And Effects], [Shape Generator], [Create], [Dimmer], [Dimmer Spread]

= expected result all dimmers fade in and out repeatedly in the integrated Capture. Does this happen?

Negative, have had two identical machines do this in the office.. Colleagues works fine, mine does not! :(
pjbird

Postby pjbird » 12 Feb 2018, 08:46

Short of reformatting, wondering if anyone has any last minute fixes?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 12 Feb 2018, 13:50

I believe I have just looked at your computer via TeamViewer and the problem was due to the Titan software being unable to write to folder within the temporary directory. This was shown as a permission error and meant that it was unable to load the shape file correctly. After the Titan temporary directory was deleted and the software restarted the software was able to load the shape file correctly.
pjbird

Postby pjbird » 12 Feb 2018, 13:51

Gregory wrote:I believe I have just looked at your computer via TeamViewer and the problem was due to the Titan software being unable to write to folder within the temporary directory. This was shown as a permission error and meant that it was unable to load the shape file correctly. After the Titan temporary directory was deleted and the software restarted the software was able to load the shape file correctly.

Thank-you for the help guys. Greatly appreciated.