Cannot license titan one on my desktop

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

chien0721

Cannot license titan one on my desktop

Postby chien0721 » 03 Jan 2018, 02:59

Recently, I am trying to program a show at home with Titan one and Capture as visualiser. I have the USB dongle from my venue which comes along with a Pearl Expert console and I have updated the dongle with USB Expert Console 6.4.
However, I am stuck when Titan one ask for the license. There were two option, temporary and permanent license. Since I just need to program a show from time to time, I chose temporary license. It directed me to Avolites website to fill up things for license. After finishing the form, the website just showed up some error and asked me to write a letter to TitanLicensing@avolites.com. I did write the letter but nothing comes back yet.
The picture attached is my Computer Key and I also have a serial number with 8 digits.
One thing crosses my mind is that I think my venue had already licensed one of the desktop because I used Titan One on that desktop before. If that's the problem, what should I do to license my home desktop as the main desktop?

Thanks a lot!
Attachments
擷取1.PNG
擷取1.PNG (55.25 KiB) Viewed 6385 times
niclights
The eManual

Re: Cannot license titan one on my desktop

Postby niclights » 03 Jan 2018, 09:52

The Usb dongle from the Expert is not the same as TitanOne which has a cable with an XLR connector for DMX. For offline programming run Titan Simulator instead.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 03 Jan 2018, 15:00

I’m pretty sure mine is a Titan One dongle because there is a sticker with Titan one on it.
The reason I am mentioning pearl Expert is because people need to upload the console photos in order to get permanent license, I think? Maybe I’m wrong.
I am not considering program on the simulator is because the console at venue is v6.1 and I am not allow to upgrade it for personal reasons. So that’s why I’m trying to use Titan one instead. Therefore I can just bring my desktop to the venue and run the show after programming at home.
So any suggestion?
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 03 Jan 2018, 16:04

I have looked but could not find any record of a TitanOne request from you and have check with my colleague who doesn't appear to have received an email from you either. Please can you try entering your request again and if still unsuccessful please either reply here or send an email to TitanLicensing@avolites.com including the error message that was shown on the website. TitanOne (and Titan Mobile) license requests do not require photographs to be submitted.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 03 Jan 2018, 17:40

Gregory wrote:I have looked but could not find any record of a TitanOne request from you and have check with my colleague who doesn't appear to have received an email from you either. Please can you try entering your request again and if still unsuccessful please either reply here or send an email to TitanLicensing@avolites.com including the error message that was shown on the website. TitanOne (and Titan Mobile) license requests do not require photographs to be submitted.

I tried to get license again as soon as i got back home. This time, I luckily got the temporary license just like the first attached picture and downloaded the temporary licence file in my desktop.
However there comes another problem when i try to import the file. After selecting the file after pressing 'Browse...' in titan one, it just keep showing a message box written 'activation required' like picture 2 i uploaded.
Do I have to wait a day or two for the licence or there might be some mistakes made by me accidentally?
thanks a lot again!
Attachments
2.PNG
2.PNG (23.82 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
1.PNG
1.PNG (20.94 KiB) Viewed 6371 times
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 03 Jan 2018, 18:07

If you have previously licensed your computer even for Titan Simulator you will probably require a full licence as the temporary licence period is from the first time the Titan software is used.
chien0721

Postby chien0721 » 04 Jan 2018, 16:22

Gregory wrote:If you have previously licensed your computer even for Titan Simulator you will probably require a full licence as the temporary licence period is from the first time the Titan software is used.

Just want you to know everything works like a charm now. Really appreciated, Gregory!