Autoload Fade In/Out problem

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

DJH

Autoload Fade In/Out problem

Postby DJH » 20 Dec 2017, 17:22

Hi All,

Probably something really simple I'm doing wrong, but can't figure it out for the life of me.

So, I've created a simple keyframe shape for testing this problem (The real one is much more complicated - lol)

8x American DJ Mega Tripar Profiles.
Keyframe shape that just changes the colour slowly from Red > Green > Blue at 100% Intensity.
Save to a playback.

Create a Cue List :-
1. Tripars set to 100% Intensity and 25% Blue.
2. As above.
3. As above.

Edit Cuelist and Autoload the Keyframe Shape recorded earlier into Cue 2.

Edit Fade In/Out times of Cue's (Not Keyframe Shape playback, although i've tried both) to 3 seconds.

Now when playing back the Cue, the Autoload fade's in perfectly on Cue 2, but then snaps straight out with no fade regardless of what I set the fade in's/out's to on either the Cue or the Playback.

What am I doing wrong ?

Many Thanks,

H.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Autoload Fade In/Out problem

Postby niclights » 20 Dec 2017, 18:27

Rightly or wrongly you need to set the key frame shape playback to shape size on fader as well as mode 1. In my tests these are the key requirements to get a smooth fade out when autoloading. If you require a longer fade out than fade in then set these on the key frame shape playback and set the cue autoload times to use target (it seems otherwise that the fade out will always be the same as fade in).
DJH

Re: Autoload Fade In/Out problem

Postby DJH » 22 Dec 2017, 10:02

Thanks Nic for all the help !

Would have taken a month of Sunday's to find the workaround....... :lol:
Anyway, just incase anyone else has the issue, here is the solution that worked for me :-

To get Autoload fade's to work with both Cue fade timings and Autoload fade timings :-

Autoload Playback specifics :-
[Playback Options] -> Select #Playback -> [Fader]
- Fader Mode: 'Mode 1 Timed Fade In & Out'
- Shape Size: 'Fader'
- Shape & Effect Speed: 'Fixed'

[Edit Times] -> Select #Playback
- Set Fade In/Out times accordingly for desired playback/shape.

Cue List :-
Add the desired Playback to the Autoload of the whichever Cue you are wanting.
Set that Cue's 'Autoload Time' to "Use Individual Target Times" for both Fade In and Fade Out
If proceeding #Cue has other lights on Cue fade in or out, set "Use Individual Target Times" for both Fade In and Fade Out on this Cue as well although no actual Autoload exists.

Happy programming !

H.