Shapes and Effects

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Magners1985

Shapes and Effects

Postby Magners1985 » 14 Nov 2017, 20:37

Hi all

Just a quick one that i am sure every one knows and i am just being a tool and missing.

For example: i have a parcan rig up, i create 5 different chases and record them in the shapes and effects window, i then create a sub-master with a BPM master 1, how the hell do i link my chases to the BPM master i have tried the normal way of doing it and nope wont let me link the 2 together, also i should be able to link all 5 chases to the BPM master 1 as i will only be using 1 at a time anyway.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Shapes and Effects

Postby niclights » 14 Nov 2017, 21:07

I'm assuming given the subject when you say 'chases' you mean shapes or effects.

I don't know what you mean by the 'normal' way but you assign speed masters to playbacks via [Playback Options] (note that the 'Shapes and Effects' window contains palettes and these cannot be assigned to speed masters).
Magners1985

Postby Magners1985 » 14 Nov 2017, 22:05

niclights wrote:I'm assuming given the subject when you say 'chases' you mean shapes or effects.

I don't know what you mean by the 'normal' way but you assign speed masters to playbacks via [Playback Options] (note that the 'Shapes and Effects' window contains palettes and these cannot be assigned to speed masters).

cool thank you thats what i wanted to know,
Magners1985

Postby Magners1985 » 15 Nov 2017, 00:39

so continuing on my train of thought now how do i control my movement in my [shapes and effects] window, just asking as i like to put colour movement in that window and would like to alter speed from time to time when busking
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 15 Nov 2017, 08:55

If you are using shape palettes you can connect the wheels to the shape in programmer:
    - CUE/CONNECT, SHAPE, (toggle shape to control as required), <enter>. The wheels will then connect to control the shape(s)
Or you could just create a number of shapes with different speeds.

Personally I would use playbacks rather than palettes. You then have a number of options:
    - Connect to playback shape = CUE/CONNECT, SHAPE, (toggle shape to control as required), <enter>. The wheels will then connect to control the shape(s)
    - Assign a speed master and then set this as the speed source in [Playback Options]/<playback handle>/[Effects]/[Speed Source]
    - Toggle speed to the playback fader (if available) in [Playback Options]/<playback handle>/[Effects]/[Shape & Effect Speed]