Connect Titan one/Titan Mobile

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

watty

Connect Titan one/Titan Mobile

Postby watty » 26 Sep 2017, 16:40

Is it possible to set up a Titan One dongle and a Titan Mobile Console on the same windows PC and freely switch between the two, with only one connected at a time? If so, can it be done by literally unplugging one and plugging in the other without any input or reconfiguring of the PC?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Steve
Gregory

Re: Connect Titan one/Titan Mobile

Postby Gregory » 26 Sep 2017, 16:50

In short, yes. You can have both the TitanOne and Titan Mobile software installed on the same computer and the software will retain the licences for both devices. To switch between the two you would only need to close the Titan software, unplug one and plug in the other and start the appropriate Titan software.
watty

Postby watty » 02 Oct 2017, 09:27

Another question on a similar subject......

I am looking to purchase a Titan Mobile console and carry on using my Titan One as a back-up with a laptop. If I import a show file created in Titan One into Titan Mobile and then make changes such as patching/programming additional fixtures to a second universe, can I import this new show file (that exceeds 512 channels) back into Titan One to use as a backup?

If so, how would the Titan One software deal with any programmed looks that include fixtures on more than one universe? It would be nice to be able to use one set of show files created in Titan Mobile and be able to use the same files in Titan One to avoid repeat programming. I would then arrange patching and programming so that I can run everything on Titan Mobile (this would exceed 512 channels) and a smaller part of that show on Titan one.

As an example, I am wondering what would happen if I have 8 moving heads, 4 on universe A & 4 on universe B, which are programmed in Titan Mobile to all move in a circle, staggered from 1 to 8 (assuming this is possible). When I run the show in Titan One, what happens to Heads 5-8 which are not part of the 512 channels?

All help gratefully appreciated.

Steve
clublights

Postby clublights » 03 Oct 2017, 04:08

Moving from a mobile to a T1 :

The show would be the same as programmed on the Mobile just you would have no output to any universe other then line1 .

Does that make sense?
clublights

Postby clublights » 03 Oct 2017, 04:11

Also titan does not Qualify "512 channels" it's one universe.

you can not split 512 channels across two lines .. 1 line 1 universe.
watty

Postby watty » 03 Oct 2017, 09:25

I think you misunderstood my question. I asked how Titan One would deal with a show programmed and imported from Titan Mobile where there were scenes programmed in Titan Mobile which included fixtures across two lines of DMX. More specifically, if a programmed scene included a phased spread across 8 fixtures whereby fixtures 5 to 8 are no longer visible in Titan One because they were patched on line 2 in Titan Mobile.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 03 Oct 2017, 10:12

The show will not be affected. You can still program multiple universes in TitanOne. You just can't output them. I think that was understood and answered already but perhaps you missed.
watty

Postby watty » 03 Oct 2017, 12:27

I believe I now understand what will happen. I was not sure about the comment referring to "splitting over 512 channels". If I understand correctly, all programming can be universal between Titan One and Mobile. If there was a chase that ran across lines 1 and 2 and no line 2 fixtures are connected (as with Titan One) then the line 1 fixtures would chase and then there would be a "gap" while the line 2 fixtures chased in the program but are not actually connected. I didn't realise that Titan one can accommodate programming of more than one universe as I have never actually taken notice of more than one universe due to that being the limit.

Thanks for the input.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 03 Oct 2017, 12:31

watty wrote:More specifically, if a programmed scene included a phased spread across 8 fixtures whereby fixtures 5 to 8 are no longer visible in Titan One because they were patched on line 2 in Titan Mobile.

All eight fixtures would still be visible in the show file, you could still set values on them and run playbacks using them. In the example above the scene (playback) would still run as if there were eight fixtures regardless of whether only four would output so this may appear as pauses during playback.
clublights

Postby clublights » 03 Oct 2017, 16:28

I said the second part because quite often it gets asked .

if your using 256 channels on line 1 and 256 channels on line 2 that "only 512 channels ."

TitanOne still only outputs on Line 1 even if it is half full .
watty

Postby watty » 03 Oct 2017, 20:41

Hi Clublights, Thanks for all the useful comments. I am aware that Titan One can only output 1 universe, I just didn't fully appreciate that multiple lines can be programmed in, or handled by, Titan One and therefore was not sure how the Titan One software would respond to a show with multiple lines programmed by Titan Mobile/a console. I suppose the simple answer could be - the same as unplugging all lines except line one from Titan Mobile or a console such as Tiger Touch. Once again thanks for your input.

Steve