Strange behaviour of Locate

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

DJH

Strange behaviour of Locate

Postby DJH » 17 Sep 2017, 21:39

Ok, so I have reproduced this on 2 different laptops on v10.1 (Titan One Simulator).
What am I missing ?

Start New Show
Patch 1 mover (I happen to be using Showtec Indigo 5500,14ch - DMX 1.1)
Exit Patch Menu
Open Visualiser
Locate 5500

all is ok.

now, COPY that 5500 in Fixtures window to create a new 5500
Clear, Exit to return to normal.

Goto Patch View and give new parked 5500 DMX of 2.1 (Doesn't matter what address)

Highlight both 5500's in fixtures window and select locate.

Only the first 5500 locates ??

ok, so now the really strange part.
With both the 5500's still selected, copy another 5500 from either of the exisiting ones.

As soon as you copy the new one, Magically the second 5500's which wasn't locating suddenly comes into life !

Any Ideas ??

Cheers !

H.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Strange behaviour of Locate

Postby niclights » 18 Sep 2017, 12:03

I can't reproduce this. Testing with TitanOne Simulator v10.1 following these steps both fixtures locate. I've tried a few ways but it always works for me. Perhaps there is a detail missing in the steps?
DJH

Postby DJH » 18 Sep 2017, 14:22

Hi Nic,

I've uploaded the repro video to :-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5dhpnbk1yqfbb ... 6.flv?dl=0

If you initially skip to about 3 minutes, you can see me adding the 3rd fixture and then the 2nd fixture all of a sudden coming to life.

Cheers,

H.
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 18 Sep 2017, 15:25

Ok, I now see the issue. The important part is whether the Capture window is open (visible or not) when patching or repatching. At the moment the integrated Capture won't populate new fixtures (or changes to addresses) if the window is closed. The factory 'Fixtures and Groups' workspace shortcut leaves other windows on recall. But your Patch shortcut does not. When you initially open the Capture window then select the 'Fixtures and Groups' workspace the Capture window is actually still open in the background. So then when you copy the fixture it patches in Capture (with the parked address). However, when you then select your 'Patch' shortcut the Capture window is closed. So now when you change the address it doesn't pipe the change to Capture and remains parked. When you make the third copy Capture is open and it populates the new fixture as well as the new address of fixture 2.

Hopefully this can be solved in a future version but for now the workaround is to ensure the Capture window is open whenever patching or changing addresses (or, alternatively, to patch something later to force an update).
DJH

Postby DJH » 18 Sep 2017, 16:49

Hi NIc,

Yep, that was the problem.......
Not a show stopper (no pun intended). Nice if it gets fixed in a later version :D .
I'll just make sure when patching/re-patching the Visualiser window is open somewhere even if its behind something to ensure the problem doesn't happen.

Many Thanks !

H.