Kindly Request: Titan One with 1024 DMX

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

wowi

Kindly Request: Titan One with 1024 DMX

Postby wowi » 08 Aug 2017, 14:07

I know, Titan One is made just for 1 Line with 512 DMX Channels. I can follow the reasons for that: You want to sell Titan Mobile or Titan Consoles.
But for me (and probably some other people) it's a big problem: I want to use it for a small light show for a regional band with a small budget. We need between 650 and 700 DMX Channels and we could never afford Titan mobile or a Titan console.
So i think, giving the opportunity to upgrade Titan one to 1024 DMX channels would not block someone, who would buy a console instead. If this upgrade would be less than 1k $, it would be a great alternative.
Maybe, you guys think over it. :-)
Best Wolfgang
htevents

Re: Kindly Request: Titan One with 1024 DMX

Postby htevents » 14 Aug 2017, 11:36

Well, exactly my thoughts too.
I think the price difference between a Titan One dongle (€175,00) and the next upgrade for more channels (€3400,00) is pretty big. Like the situation above and my situation, we both need more than 512 channels, but not more then 1024 and no desk is needed.
The're many users of inteligent DMX products that need a bit more then 512 channels, wich is not a lot these days with all the cheap DMX products like matrix lights (with 75 channels each) and led movingheads with a minimum of 12 channels per fixture, but don't have the extra money to buy a 3,5 grand costing upgrade (and maybe would buy a wing or desk in the futere, but need the channels right away) or even don't need one because of touchscreen use.

I know that a full functional piece of software with hardware for €175,00 is not something to complain about, but I used Chamsys MagicQ PC a lot before switching to Titan One and had an 8 universe Artnet-DMX Node, wich I could use with only the free software of Chamsys, no Chamsys hardware needed (max. 16 universes), and because Avolites supports midi via OSImidi, I can imagen that you can't give everything away for free, but what I'd like to see is the option to use Artnet, but limited to 4 universes or 2 if 4 is too much for a free add-on, sell one yourself for about €500.00, that unlocks more universes or sell an upgrade license for 8 universes of Artnet for about €150,00 (just once, not annually).

That way, users like me and many users with me, can use "a little" more than 512 channels without paying for something we probably won't fully use, only for more channels.
So like an in-between solution.
clublights

Re: Kindly Request: Titan One with 1024 DMX

Postby clublights » 24 Sep 2017, 07:41

Avolites does NOT approve or support of OSImidi.

it is a hack that may compromise the stability of titan .