elipse shape

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

jonek

elipse shape

Postby jonek » 03 Aug 2017, 06:14

Is there any way to change circle shape proportions to make kind of elipse shape? Many DMX softwares have separate control for X and Y size of circle shape. Sometimes called 8-shape and it is very easy to achieve and control/phase/mirror it.

does Titan One offer a solution to control tilt and pan amplitude separately within single shape?

I have 8 heads placed on a square corners (two squares, big and smaler)
and I would like to achieve a shape like "8-shape" delayed or phased about 30°

I am not happy to use tilt swing + pan swing (or saw) shapes - it looks good until I start phase shapes
"8 shape" becomes somethilg like "S or U/C shape"
on some fixtures.

Why Avolites team did not implement shape like elipse to use in T.1?
niclights
The eManual

Re: elipse shape

Postby niclights » 03 Aug 2017, 10:35

You can achieve this with a combination of pan and tilt swing.

There are two important things - they must both be the same speed and one must have an offset of 90 degrees to the other. Differences between the sizes will then determine the path of the circle. This shape will then be maintained when using spreads (phase) applied to the whole shape (ie. both pan+tilt).

Note that when initially building these the two will not show their true phase - after adding the two shapes and setting the speed/offset, select both shapes and then use the [Restart Shapes] function in the 'Edit Shape' menu to bring them in sync (you should then see the circle).

Of course this all assumes the movement is within the physical bounds of the fixture - if a moving head is positioned such that the tilt transitions the mid point (ie. perpendicular to the base) then you will always end up with a figure of 8.