Pixel Map Layout Editor arrange pixels

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Pixel Map Layout Editor arrange pixels

Postby htevents » 07 Jul 2017, 11:03

The Cuepix personality aswell as the MadMax 25 personality have the first pixel in the upper-left corner and the second underneath that but the real MadMax 25 fixture has the first pixel in the upper-right corner en the second left from that. How can I change the pixel order in the pixel-map layout editor? I can only turn the angle, not mirror it or order the pixels one by one. Is there a workaround for it or do I overlook a function in the editor?
niclights
The eManual

Re: Pixel Map Layout Editor arrange pixels

Postby niclights » 07 Jul 2017, 11:30

The pixel layout is defined in the personality file. You can change this in Personality Builder via PATCH/[Edit Fixtures]/[Edit Personality]/<select fixture>

According to the manufacturer's documentation the Elation Cuepix Panel has various layout options which can be selected from the fixture menu. Currently the layout matches the 'Standard' layout which has the first pixel top-left, second immediately to the right of that. Somewhat unusually the order then 'snakes' down:

Code: Select all

1  2  3  4  5
10  9  8  7  6
11 12 13 14 15
20 19 18 17 16
21 22 23 24 25

For the BeamZ MadMax 25 COB the manufacturer has not provided any information in the documentation and therefore it has been defaulted to the most common layout as follows:

Code: Select all

1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9 10
11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25

If the BeamZ layout is wrong it should be changed in the factory personality so that it is correct for other customers. If you can let me know the correct layout I will update it.
htevents

Postby htevents » 07 Jul 2017, 12:02

Thanks niclights for clearing it up.

I will test the MadMax next week so I will let you know what the order is.

If I update the personality file, will all my programming remain (like text scrolling etc.) or do I have to begin from the start?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jul 2017, 18:25

Yes, this should be fine. I did however discover a problem whereby the attribute editor persists with the old layout.
Gregory

Postby Gregory » 07 Jul 2017, 20:24

There is a possibility that you may need to patch the fixtures again for the new layout to take effect. As a precaution create palettes of your pixel map effects (which can then be applied to any group) and create your own groups to use for the layouts rather than the default ones so that you can add and remove fixtures if required (as pixel map effects in cues are linked to the group).
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 07 Jul 2017, 20:42

When I tested this it worked ok for me but better to be safe than sorry!

FWIW my test was to take 10x Elation Cuepix Panels in 75 DMX mode, arranged in a straight line and setup in Capture so that everything lined up correctly. I created a white pixel map effect animating from left to right across the panels and recorded to a cue. Then I edited the personality and rearranged the cells such that the original layout had effectively been rotated 90 degrees. After updating the personality in the show playing the cue resulted in the block animating vertically down each panel in turn which was the expected result (alternatively I could have rotated the panels 90 degrees in Capture to get the original horizontal animation).