Solo playbacks for colour, position and more

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

htevents

Solo playbacks for colour, position and more

Postby htevents » 26 Jun 2017, 10:17

Hello all,

I am new to Titan One. I used Chamsys for a long time, so I have to get used to the workflow of Titan One.
For most of the software, I can figure it out pretty well exept for a function I used a lot with Chamsys.

I would like to achieve the following: In the playbacks-screen I have a row with cues that have colour information for the whole rig (odd/even colour, all fixtures the same colour, etc.). Now, when I select, say red, then select green, then yellow, etc. all the previous cues are still active, so when I want to select red again, I have to deselect all previous cues to get red again. What I want is that selecting yellow, will release red, when selecting green, will release yellow etc, in this example. Is it possible to set a cue as ""solo"" so that the cues that are in a row next to each other will release each other when selecting an other cue in that row, like Chamsys has in their execute window.

I hope you understand what I want to achieve.
Sorry for some bad grammar, my English isn''t the best.
niclights
The eManual

Re: Solo playbacks for colour, position and more

Postby niclights » 26 Jun 2017, 10:25

There is no in-built way to do this at the moment although it is possible to achieve with a combination of cuelists, autoload and macros. See here.

However, normally you would use palettes in this example. These do not stay active, have the ability to be applied to selective fixtures should you wish and can have live fade in times etc. Is there a reason you need to use playbacks?
htevents

Postby htevents » 26 Jun 2017, 14:39

Thanks far answering.

The reason I want this is just to be able to change colours, position etc fast without the need to select the fixtures I want to apply it to.

But if pallets work with what I want, I will use pallets. If I select a colour on a pallet without selecting fixtures, it will apply on all fixtures, right?
niclights
The eManual

Postby niclights » 26 Jun 2017, 14:58

Yes. There is a user setting called 'Quick Palettes' which is enabled by default. If there are no fixtures selected palettes will apply to all related fixtures. Note that if you want palettes to apply only to specific fixtures (for example odd/even) you need to ensure they are recorded as 'normal' palettes (as opposed to 'shared' which apply the same values to all fixtures of a particular type or 'global' which apply the same values to all fixtures where applicable). When recording palettes the software will initially attempt to guess which type is suitable based on the values in the programmer but you can override this before committing to a handle.