Bug in v10.1 - Creating Playbacks using Macro

Welcome to the Avolites TitanOne Support Forum

Moderator: Moderators

fsxfaulder

Bug in v10.1 - Creating Playbacks using Macro

Postby fsxfaulder » 21 Jun 2017, 21:28

Hi,

I think I've found a bug in Titan 10.1. This has been reproduced on two PCs using Titan Simulator and Titan One.

First I select a group of LED lights then:

• Use the following macro:

• Release intensity and RGBW attributes from programmer
    • Fixture +1
    • Dimmer 100%
    • Select white palette

• Record a playback in channel mode
  • And repeat

Once finished, I clear the programmer etc. but the first few recorded playbacks (not the last one though) don't work when I click on them. I have to manually change the dimmer on the group of lights and select a different colour palette before the playbacks will fire.

I hope this makes some sense,

Thanks
niclights
The eManual

Re: Bug in v10.1 - Creating Playbacks using Macro

Postby niclights » 21 Jun 2017, 23:46

Reading between the lines here I think the issue might be not specifically selecting an attribute bank at the start of the macro steps.

For example:

- New show
- Open Capture window (to help visualise)
- Open Macros window (for somewhere easy to record and replay the macro)
- Open Colour palette window (for selecting the white palette when creating the macro)
- Open Channel Grid and set to show programmer only (to see what is happening when running the macro)
- Patch 10x Generic, Par 64 LED, RGB 8bit, 3 DMX with option [Preset Palettes on Workspaces] enabled (basic RGB LED with Capture simulation and some preset palettes to make things easy)

To record the macro:

- Clear (to ensure the programmer is empty)
- Select the fixtures (or group) so that we have something to use to create the macro steps
- AVO+MACRO (shortcut to Record Macro menu)
- <select empty handle in Macros window> (selects target location and begins recording macro)
- Select Intensity attribute bank (even if it is already selected - this is important)
- RELEASE/ <select the 'Dimmer' function in the middle of the touch wheel display (releases the Dimmer attribute from the programmer)
- Select Colour attribute bank
- RELEASE/ <select the 'Red C-Mix' function in the middle of the touch wheel display (releases the Red attribute from the programmer)
- RELEASE/ <select the 'Green C-Mix' function in the middle of the touch wheel display (releases the Green attribute from the programmer)
- RELEASE/ <select the 'Blue C-Mix' function in the middle of the touch wheel display (releases the Blue attribute from the programmer)
- FIX+1
- Select white palette handle in the Colour palette window
- MACRO (to end recording macro)

To test and demonstrate the macro working:

- Clear
- Select the fixtures (or group), set dimmer, red, green and blue to 50%, record to a playback and fire (to help demonstrate values being released)
- Clear
- Select the fixtures (or group)
= Channel Grid shows all fixtures in the programmer with all attributes at 50% (50.00)
- Select the macro handle
= Dimmer, Red, Green and Blue enter the programmer at full (100.00) in the first fixture (programmer denoted by blue highlight)
- Select macro handle again
= Dimmer, Red, Green and Blue in the first fixture exit the programmer (blue highlight disappears) and return to 50% (ie. active playback values) over 2sec (default master release time) while Dimmer, Red, Green and Blue in the second fixture enter the programmer at full.
etc.

Similarly, recording playbacks using this macro produces the results I would expect (ie. each playback contains dimmer, red, green and blue at full for just one fixture).

Note that in the macro steps instead of RELEASE/ <select function> you can also use <select function>/RELEASE or <select function>/[Release]. However, the important bit is selecting the attribute bank at the beginning even if it is already selected. Otherwise, if you are on another attribute bank (or page) when you run the macro the attribute will not be connected to the wheels and won't select.

For example if, when you start recording the macro you already happen to have the Intensity attribute bank selected and the first step is RELEASE/ <Dimmer> but when you play back you have the Colour attribute bank selected, then Dimmer won't be on wheel A and you end up with only some of the attributes releasing (ie. only Dimmer or only RGB). The same is potentially true for paged attributes such as in an RGBW fixture where the four components are split over two pages in the Colour bank.

I'm not convinced this is a bug but hopefully it solves the issue.
fsxfaulder

Re: Bug in v10.1 - Creating Playbacks using Macro

Postby fsxfaulder » 22 Jun 2017, 22:55

Thanks very much for the in-depth response.

I'll follow those steps next time I get the chance to test this.